Feature Suggestion: Software Voice/Switch Call Out's

MastaMarksman

Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct/best place to post this, but I couldn't seeming find a more fitting place.

Suggestion #1:
I would like to suggest as a future Feature Suggestion, that there be a way to set up switch change/voice call out's in the program, so that radio's like the interlink and DXS, etc. can have switch change voice call outs.

This is beneficial for training so that people unfamiliar with switch locations and general function will get assistance by voice call outs informing of what the switch does.
This would also allow those of us with higher end radio's that have an old DXS or non voice radio to use our cheaper/old radios for the sim without having to use our nice expensive radios on the sim and having them out to potentially get dropped/broken.

Suggestion #2:
Also would like there to be a way to submit a request for specific model's we'd like to have officially supported/created by RF.

Suggestion #3:
Would it be possible to get a list of exactly what "SAFE Parameter Set" (Options A-Y) are? Under Electronics -> Spectrum Flight Controller.

Thanks!!

-MastaMarksman

Re #3 - I attempted to catalog which planes in RF 9.5 used which SAFE Parameter Sets here. I believe it's all still correct, but of course does not reflect aircraft that have been added since I did that. New additions may re-use existing an existing Parameter Set or add a new one.

Unfortunately we're not able to see the details of how things are set inside the Parameter Set. It definitely includes the settings for SAFE features used in each flight mode. That would include the amount of control added (self-level or just envelope mode), the bank angle limits, and how the throttle-to-pitch mix is configured.

I'd add to Suggestion #3 to allow us to edit the Parameter Sets, just like we can do on the real models with the Smart AS3X and SAFE Receivers (AR630/631/637T/8360T/10360T).

Re #3 - I attempted to catalog which planes in RF 9.5 used which SAFE Parameter Sets here. I believe it's all still correct, but of course does not reflect aircraft that have been added since I did that. New additions may re-use existing an existing Parameter Set or add a new one.

Unfortunately we're not able to see the details of how things are set inside the Parameter Set. It definitely includes the settings for SAFE features used in each flight mode. That would include the amount of control added (self-level or just envelope mode), the bank angle limits, and how the throttle-to-pitch mix is configured.

I'd add to Suggestion #3 to allow us to edit the Parameter Sets, just like we can do on the real models with the Smart AS3X and SAFE Receivers (AR630/631/637T/8360T/10360T).

Thank you for the link. Any idea why RF assigns the gear to Channel 7? When Channel 5 is the standard for gear? I have to edit every single model and change the gear channel to 5. It's quite silly.

Thanks!

-MastaMarksman

RealFlight came up with their own system for channels a long time ago.

RF implements a "software radio", which is a way to create separation between different kinds of real controllers and a single set of standards within RF. The Controller Profile is how you map your controller to the RF standards. You're better off changing your Controller Profile to map your controller's gear channel to RF Channel 7 rather than editing models. Then you only have to make that change in one place and it's always going to be compatible with future models.

RealFlight came up with their own system for channels a long time ago.

RF implements a "software radio", which is a way to create separation between different kinds of real controllers and a single set of standards within RF. The Controller Profile is how you map your controller to the RF standards. You're better off changing your Controller Profile to map your controller's gear channel to RF Channel 7 rather than editing models. Then you only have to make that change in one place and it's always going to be compatible with future models.
What's interesting is that not all models are the same. IE: T-28 (4S) the retracts are channel 5.

Hmmm.. I just tried the T-28 1.2m (4S) and the retracts are on RealFlight channel 7, just like they should be. My Controller Profile maps Spektrum Radio Channel 5 to RealFlight Channel 7. It's a little confusing talking about two sets of channel numbers. The models are all wired using RealFlight channels, and the Controller Profile translates your radio channels to the RealFlight channels.

flightengr,

Did you have a wright up on adding reverse thrust to any model? I thought you had, but for the life of me, I can't find it!

Thanks!

No, I haven't done that yet. I've got one for adding SAFE and Panic to any plane.
I have documented the components needed to add reverse thrust. I started with the Viper 90mm that was programmed with Reverse Thrust.

I have since added it to 3 different EDF's...

Here's the Component's list. If you are interested...

Adding Reverse Thrust:

Radio
-Output Channel 9 (Create FIRST)
--Add Complex Input Feed
-->Input
--->Input Channel 12 (Z Rotation)
--->Curve (Re-Sample 4-Points): I:-100 O -100 | I:74 O:-100 | I:75 O: 100 | I:100 O: 100
--->Logic: Add to other feeds

Electronics:
-Servos (Create SECOND)
--Add Servo
-->Name: Throttle Reverse Slowdown
--->Input: Reciever Channel 9
--->Servo Speed: .80
--->Type: Digital
--->Servo Sound Volume (%): 0

-Modifiers (Create THIRD) - Graph Points - Re-Sample (3-Points)
--Add Throttle Reverse Modifier
--->Signal Curve: I:0 O:100 | I:50 O:0 | I:100 O -50
--->Input: Throttle Reverse Slowdown

-Mixers (Create FOURTH)
--Throttle Reverser
-->Input 1: Spektrum Flight Controller: Throttle Output
-->Reverse 1: No
-->Input 2: Throttle Reverse Modifier
-->Reverse 2: No
-->Logic: Multiply

Physics: (Verify/Modify Setting Last)
-Airframe
--Fuselage
-Motor
->Throttle Servo = "Throttle Reverser"
->Propeller Type = "Electric Ducted Fan - reversable (no visual)
-->Advanced Parameters
-->Is Motor Reversible = "Yes"

Back