[Solved] Flaps and SAFE-Mode with UMX Timber Turbo

p12201

Hi everyone, please can someone tell me step-by-step how to set up the controller with the UMX Timber Turbo. My rig here: Gamergrade Laptop, Realflight 10.00.026 in steam, Spektrum DX6 G2 EU Version, SPMWS1000 Dongle, Win11. Constantly I ran into malfunction, when I tried to assign Safe/ASX3 to chan. 5 (gear) with switch D and flaps on chan. 6 and switch B. Whatever combination I tried, the best I could achieve was flaps in 0, halfway down and fully deployed. But no success with SAFE/ASX3.
When I reset everything to default (Help > Reset to default) I got SAFE/ASX3 working but no flaps. So please, is there a kind and knowing soul out there to give me advice?
TIA

Sounds like the DX6 side is OK with flight mode on channel 5 (Gear) and flaps on channel 6 (Aux1).

The WS1000 then maps each radio channel to a Windows game controller input. Finally, RealFlight associates each Windows game controller input with a RealFlight virtual radio channel through the Controller Profile. Flaps are on RealFlight Channel 6 "Flaps" and the flight mode is on RealFlight Channel 8 "Mode".

I have a very detailed writeup about all of that here.

Another thought comes to mind if you're having trouble getting all three positions of a three-position switch to work. When you do the controller calibration and it tells you to center all controls before you begin, that includes moving three-position switches to their center position. If you didn't do it that way when you calibrated the controller, you'll want to calibrate again after you get the channels mapped correctly.

Thanks @flightengr, your most helpful post did the trick. The 6chan.SPM needed minor tweaks to connect SAFE with switch B in the configuration menu > controller. I found it also helpful to have the legacymenu back on top again. To activate the commandline I had to press the "~" (ALTGR + "+" on a German kb-layout) which was mentioned somewher else in this instructive and helpful forum.
Thanks
Pls. can some moderator amend [Solved] to the title

Back