Flettner 282 Kolibri Build

Looking fantastic Legoman, If you recall, I posted a link in the build poll thread regarding a ton of info and very detailed pics. of this heli. I`m not sure if you`re using them for reference or not, SO, I thought I`d repost that link here in the build thread for you OR anyone else that may not have seen it. Here`s the link..>>>>>https://forum.largescalemodeller.co...ettner-fl-282-v21-kolibri-scratchbuild-model/.

A bit of news on my end. I have decided to release the two planes that I had thought about calling the sky terror MK.III as their official designations as standoff/mostly scale. it did not feel right to post a scale plane under the sky terror banner (basic planes that i scratch build for rf) a few of my other plane likely could have used the banner too.

Fairchild Republic XF-15 and Martin XB-68
index.php

on another note what do you all think of a (new) sky terror mkIII. I was shooting for a bit of avatar scorpion vibes but functional. still needs gear and such. if people think it is a stinker, I will dust off one of my other designs that I am semi happy with.
ScreenShot1661212137.jpgScreenShot1661212158.jpgScreenShot1661212185.jpgScreenShot1661212389.jpg

Fairchild Republic XF-15 and Martin XB-68
both of those are such good looking airplanes. I remember you mentioning the XB-68 before. I agree that both of them should be released as scale and not sky terror, especially since, like you said, sky terrors have been your own designs.

a bit of avatar scorpion vibe
that's a really good looking airplane too! since the rotor blades are in a sort of duct makes it look like it could fly without them turning. the fact that it's reminiscent of a float plane is, I have to say, not surprising, coming from you. 😄

if it's not going to be a float... thing, then how did you end up making the forward part of it look like a boat? 😂🤔🤔🤔
no judgment. just curious.

Ummm... Because I could.

In all reality it was artist block on the nose. I was not finding a shape I liked. So I had set the model down for a while. Then I saw a video on YouTube for a Baldwin diesel electric locomotive it had some pictures of the shark nose locomotives so I copied the idea.

Airplane floats/hulls are designed to get on plane like a boat to reduce drag and break suction with the water. The only thing a heli would need is to break suction and I don't know what shape it would need. There are also internal stores that would be a pain in the ### to reload in the water. Also no real sure what I would use to balance on water.

Are there two six blade props in each wingtip hub. ? I guess they would be contra rotating.
Any chance of a land and water model, something similar to the Grumman Widgeon.
Yes there are two six blade rotors in each duct. They are contra rotating.

i have a few planes on my list that are amphibians. Be-200 and dornier seastar are on the list, the martin pbm-5a is sort of interesting and is an amphibian

Back