Flettner 282 Kolibri Build

Sorry I didn`t get back earlier Legoman...One thing is for sure, I CAN NOT fly this as good as Asj, keeping that in mind, I found the landing gear to break off a little too easy in what I thought wasn`t really to hard of a landing, just a little harder than Asj`s landings, so I just strengthened the LG to 200, which was fine for me, they still broke off, just needed a little rougher landing, a little more practice on my part will probably resolve that. Also, I noticed sometimes while taking off, it would pitch either nose down or tail down during lift off. What I finally noticed, is that when I had pushed/pulled the elev. up/down (not knowingly..:unsure::unsure:, and took my thumb off the gimbal), that it would not self center, and would be in the up/down position, which I found ODD, because it does self center while flying. and also upon a "reset". I checked this out with other planes, and all is good. It`s not really that big of an issue, just thought I`d bring it to your attention... :) :) It flies great, looks great, and as always, your modeling and animation are FANTASTIC.!!!(y)(y)šŸ˜ƒ

Sorry I didn`t get back earlier Legoman...One thing is for sure, I CAN NOT fly this as good as Asj, keeping that in mind, I found the landing gear to break off a little too easy in what I thought wasn`t really to hard of a landing, just a little harder than Asj`s landings, so I just strengthened the LG to 200, which was fine for me, they still broke off, just needed a little rougher landing, a little more practice on my part will probably resolve that. Also, I noticed sometimes while taking off, it would pitch either nose down or tail down during lift off. What I finally noticed, is that when I had pushed/pulled the elev. up/down (not knowingly..:unsure::unsure:, and took my thumb off the gimbal), that it would not self center, and would be in the up/down position, which I found ODD, because it does self center while flying. and also upon a "reset". I checked this out with other planes, and all is good. It`s not really that big of an issue, just thought I`d bring it to your attention... :) :) It flies great, looks great, and as always, your modeling and animation are FANTASTIC.!!!(y)(y)šŸ˜ƒ
thank you for the feedback. I increased the weight of the landing gear to make it stronger without a fudge factor. the pitch up/down on takeoff due to bumping the stick has to due to the gyro getting a slight preload when the stick is bumped when when the rotor lifts the wheels up it pitches a little then the heading hold takes over and holds the attitude.

Happy to give a little input, I was not aware that increasing the weight of the gear would make them stronger, but it makes sense.. RE: The elev., the setup of that as you explain it is way over my head, I just figured it was by design, and really wasn`t an issue, just wanted to let you know, in the event you weren`t aware of it..... :)

Merry Christmas

Back