Flight characteristics on umx a-10 and ultra stick 1.1

BILLFITT

i upgraded to evolution so i could practice with the umx a10 and ultra stick 1.1, now i learn neither one is in this version. does anyone have a recommendation for planes with similar flight characteristic to practice with?

thanks

I did talk with a horizon rep about similar planes with the same flight characteristics. He stated there were nothing similar in evo.

Thanks. So neither of you have the plane at this time, you just wanted to fly it in RF. I'm one of the modelers and was just curious which of the two models of the Ultra Stick 1.1m you had.

I have purchased the a10 umx model and will likely purchase the ultra when funds are available. Are any of the hanger 9 versions simila?

I know it’s very unlikely due to the amount of time needed to reproduce each model but it would be nice to offer access to the model on real flight with purchase of the aircraft.

just a suggestion

Thanks. So neither of you have the plane at this time, you just wanted to fly it in RF. I'm one of the modelers and was just curious which of the two models of the Ultra Stick 1.1m you had.
It looks like a Standard Stick plane but with the added SAFE and AS3X added to it. It looks like it even has flaps. I imagine any Stick flies like any other stick. Someone just needs to add the AS3X Electronics to one of them. You have a great Stick model that would fit this bill if someone adjusted the size and added the Electronics to it.

I have purchased the a10 umx model and will likely purchase the ultra when funds are available. Are any of the hanger 9 versions simila?

I know it’s very unlikely due to the amount of time needed to reproduce each model but it would be nice to offer access to the model on real flight with purchase of the aircraft.

just a suggestion
A Stick is a Stick. They have been around for Decades and they all fly pretty much in the same manner but variances can occur depending on how the individual sets them up. What you need is someone to simply take an existing Stick plan in Realflight, Adjust the physics to replicate the Stick you want to buy and you end up with a Stick that flies like the one you want. RF is very good about this sort of thing and any aircraft can fly like any aircraft because of it. if you already have Realflight Evo, download one of the many Stick aircraft, (I recommend Technoid's it's very good) and learn to fly it that way. someone may be able to add the safety bits to one of them, (I don't mess with that stuff i fly old school without nannies). and It will be at least 90% close to the real aircraft. You could also just learn to fly without those safety bits of electronics and by the time you get the real thing, it will seem easier to fly than the sim making you more comfortable.

It is about gaining muscle memory and repetition in a safe environment when using the sim not necessarily hyper accurate replication of an exact model and like i said, a Stick flies like a Stick, and there are lots of them to choose from.

It looks like a Standard Stick plane but with the added SAFE and AS3X added to it. It looks like it even has flaps. I imagine any Stick flies like any other stick. Someone just needs to add the AS3X Electronics to one of them. You have a great Stick model that would fit this bill if someone adjusted the size and added the Electronics to it.
That's what I was thinking. It wouldn't take much to modify one of my sticks to make the Ultra Stick 1.1m.

thank you all for your insight. I will give it a try and maybe in time I will learn how to modify flight model.
Are you serious about buying one? It's possible I might convert one of my sticks, but only if someone is really going to buy one. It's a lot of work to convert it that's why I'm asking.

Thank you for your offer. I am starting to look into modifying a plane on my own at this point. if I get too frustrated, I will likely just buy the plane and hope for the best.

i would appreciate some direction on where to start my search.

thanks again
bill

IMHO, trying to EXACTLY match an aircraft in the sim is overrated unless you are trying to use the sim to fine-tune your flying for competition or something. As csgill says, a stick flies like a stick. A high wing trainer will fly like one. A pattern plane will fly like one. A warbird will fly like one. Etc. Pick a plane that resembles the one you want to fly. Similar configuration/size/wing loading/power/etc. If you can't fly it successfully in the sim, you'll probably have similar problems at the field. If you can fly it confidently in the sim, you'll probably be ok at the field. The sim will train your eyes to recognize what the aircraft is doing and train your thumbs to respond appropriately. But be aware that any model plane has a limited lifespan.

I stumbled across this thread and pdf file.
it stepped you through adding As3x controller to your chosen plane.
i used a hanger nine ultra stick pnp. It’s a elec model and I was able to add the “nanny“ features to it in pretty quick order. I’m going to play around with the editor a bit more to see how close I can get to a 1.1

You are correct, I won’t know. I’m just doing what I can to reduce the size, batt, etc to match the 1.1 version.

Back