Fly Baby Bipe

I cut-in a cowl and added an engine and the formed intake. I took one of my 4 stroke 4 cylinder engines and adapted it for this plane. I model RC planes so I wanted an RC engine in it. This may end up being electric powered but it needed an engine to show.

Fly Baby Bipe 43.jpg

Last edited:
I cut-in a cowl and added an engine and the formed intake. I took one of my 4 stroke 4 cylinder engines and adapted it for this plane. I model RC planes so I wanted an RC engine in it. This may end up being electric powered but it needed an engine to show.

View attachment 133864
Hi there, great model. I really like the gas powered version. perhaps you could make both. Keep up the good work.

Ha.. Right when I thought I was about finished with the plane I realized I have all the rigging to add (ugh I had adding the wires). I also need to add some chamfer to some of the parts too, so there's still lots of work to do.

Maybe I'll just hit the delete button and pretend I finished the plane.

I've been thinking about what size and engine to go with. I thought maybe instead of electric or gas I might do a 96 inch wingspan version and use the O.S. 300 Twin sound profile in RealFlight. It has a nice four-storke twin sound which I like better than a gas twin. @Clinton does that interest you?

I knocked one more thing off my list. I added the chamfer to the wing, cabane, and landing gear struts. Now the only thing left to do is the rigging, which isn't one of my favorite parts. But I'll get there.

I looked at the wires I used on Big Red Mk II which has a 96 inch wingspan so I've got a good idea what size I need to make the wires for this plane. But this plane has a double wire arrangement with two wires side by side at each place so they may need to be a little smaller diameter. If I cry enough about them maybe ASJ will step in and do them for me.

I scaled the Fly Baby Bipe to a 96 inch wingspan this morning but my interest level is low so I'll get some coffee and play a game for a while. It is kind of a nice looking plane. I did notice a few little details that need some tweaking and I always hate having to go back and rework something I thought was finished. But like they say, it is what it is.

Question. In the pictures I look at I seem to see the Fly Baby Bipe two ways, a little dihedral on the bottom wing and the bottom wing flat. I think I like it flat but what do you guys think.

EDIT: I looked around and found this. "The lower wing has the stock 3-degree dihedral, but the upper one has only 1 degree." I do like it better flat and those are small amounts to ignore so maybe I'll ignore them and leave it flat. But like always you never know what I'll do until it's done.

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/pix/biplane.html

Last edited:
Back