Fly Baby Bipe

Sorry guys I thought I wanted to start on a simple plane to give me something to do, but after playing with it I decided I've done enough of those fun fly planes so I deleted the build thread. Maybe once the Fly Baby Bipe gets finished I'll find a real plane I want to do. I decided there's too much work creating one of my fun fly planes to justify the effort, the effort would be better spent on a real plane.

On another note has anyone heard from space boy? I'm worried about him. We used to PM often and after he quit posting we still PM'd a few times but then he quit logging in. We never shared email addresses so I can't email him.

I tried several times to contact him. I never received anything back. I don't know Tech. Yes, it would be nice to hear from him. I miss his wit. I hope nothing major happened.

That's just terrible and what I was afraid of. I couldn't mention this before but he told me he had a stroke and couldn't move well but was taking therapy. He said he dropped by sometimes to see what was going on but couldn't type well so he didn't post. I told him when he dropped by to send me a PM and just hit a couple of characters to let me know he was there. He did that a few times but then stopped so I was afraid something bad happened. To make this even worse he told me two other things, his mother was ill and he had met someone and was happy to be seeing her.

We actually talked quite a bit in PMs discussing both of our health issues, and my wife's too. He was truly a kind soul and a great person. I'll miss him a lot. He also told me he developed a brain tumor and had to move in with his mother and then she got sick so they were both fighting health issues. He told me what it was but that was in a PM so I won't share that part. Goodbye Spaceboy I'll miss you.

I started on the flight physics this morning and have it flying pretty well. It always seems harder to do the physics for a biplane. I got the part weights set but I need to adjust them to get the CG right. I've been using the CG Adjust feature to get the CG close so now I need to go back and fine tune the weights to get the CG set, then get rid of the CG Adjust settings. So things are getting there. But now it's time to play a game.

I decided to work on the physics instead of playing a game. I fine-tuned the part weights to get the CG right and removed the CG Adjust settings. It fly's pretty well but I'll fly it a few more times to make sure. So now it's time to take a break and play a game.

Back