Fly Baby

I uploaded a beta and then found a problem so I deleted it. I'll upload another one after I fix the problem. Sorry. If you downloaded the beta please tell me so I'll know who all got it. Thanks.

what was the issue with the beta
It's a small problem but the beta hadn't been up long so I just deleted it. There are fasteners at the end of the wires on the wing and for some reason all of them were see through in RealFlight, but they looked perfect in the 3d editor. All I have to do is select all the polys in each of them and hit a button called "Flip" which flips the direction of all the polygons. In RealFlight a polygon is one sided so you can see through the inside poly and for some reason all the fasteners got their polygons flipped. I'll fix it and upload another beta tonight or in the morning.

Okay, here's a beta for you to play with. Please let me know if you see any problems. Comments are welcome. The physics are close but I may tweak them a little before release. But it seems to fly okay to me.

Controls set for Interlink Elite

BRAKES: Up elevator
SMOKE: Channel 7 Switch

Fly Baby 1A 01.jpgFly Baby 1A 02.jpg

Attachments

• Fly Baby 1A_EA.RFX
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
Question. Which CS do you prefer? The EA Red/White no ribs CS, or the Burgandy/Khaki ribs CS?

The reason I ask is the Fly Baby Bipe has been downloaded 116 times but the Ribs CS for it has only been download 32 times. So does that mean most people don't care for the ribs CS? I didn't release it at the same time as the plane so that might matter, don't know. But I would expect that everyone that downloaded the EA seen the Ribs CS when I released it.

I did more work on the yellow cs it's mostly finished. Does anyone know what the front decal is on the rudder?

Yellow CS Decal.jpg

Fly Baby 1A Yellow 02.jpg

Obviously still not clear enough. My guess would be a Fly Baby club decal of some sort (round one), or perhaps event fly-ins like Osh Kosh or others (rectangular ones)... ????
You're probably right, and it looks like nothing I need to worry about putting on it. Especially since the picture I found of the right side of the plane doesn't have that decal. I think I'm going to make the black stripes on the wing 1 pixel wider and call it a day. I like yellow planes so I wanted to have it ready for release.

Back to the color scheme question. I myself like the ribbed CS. It looks more realistic I think. It's possible the reason less people downloaded the ribbed CS for the Bipe is once they have the plane, they just want to fly it. So they don't go back to get the other CS. :unsure: Maybe. Just a thought.

Back to the color scheme question. I myself like the ribbed CS. It looks more realistic I think. It's possible the reason less people downloaded the ribbed CS for the Bipe is once they have the plane, they just want to fly it. So they don't go back to get the other CS. :unsure: Maybe. Just a thought.
That's definitely a possibility. But the beta I uploaded here of the Fly Baby 1A has 15 downloads and the beta of the Fly Baby 1A Ribs CS I uploaded has 8 downloads. Which did surprise me.

Back