Flying Sub 1

Not much progress, but some.
Added the cabin section with bunk and lower storage, adding some scuba tanks as I've seen in the some of the detailed plastic models.
Also opened up the interior hallway openings to both the rear and interior hatches.

I also found the renders were not working in the new version of Max as the previous version for the same scenes. So, took some time one day to get that figured out.

In progress is work on the details of the interior panels, but nothing to post yet.

Enjoy a great week.

Attachments

• progress9sm.jpg
    progress9sm.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 11
  • progress10.jpg
    progress10.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 11
  • progress11.jpg
    progress11.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 13
  • progress12.jpg
    progress12.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 10
Thanks guys, the kind words are appreciated.

Came across a Max 2018 issue (proved to be minor, but was a bit scary at first) recently. Passing it along in case others encounter it.

I decided to change the settings to increase the resolution of images.
It's probably been lower since the new PC and Max 2018 were setup, but since at present I'm not building from plans, I've ignored it.
In the past versions of Max, changing the driver made the difference.
After changing drivers this time though, Max 2018 would not run.
Wonderfully, one can still get to a command prompt, even in W10.
Carefully typing in the command string yields a dialog box to select a driver.
Worked fine and Max is happy again.

The correct adjustment is the display resolution.
2048 worked well for the images on the new PC.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but thought I'd pass it along for any newbies encountering this issue.

Enjoy a great week.

Attachments

• graphics error.jpg
    graphics error.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Use display resolution.jpg
    Use display resolution.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 12
Just DL`ed the sub FE, I`ll give it a flight later....RE: the "adding pics" issue, look for the "paper clip" with "attach files" next to it at the lower left of the file page, IF I recall, you have to add the pics AFTER you submit the EA to the swap pages, just click on "edit"...then look for the paper clip.

Thanks UT.
The FS-1 physics have low drag, so it'll glide/coast for awhile when throttle is cut.
Dropping the gear really adds drag (very realistic KE-- well done!).
Here's a DB video ("preview" quality) hopefully showing the typical long-ish approaches and how LITTLE braking is needed:

Thanks for the unique model. To add pictures to the swap page post them as an attachment in any thread and then link them from there. You can't upload pictures directly to swaps anymore but you can link them. Or at least that's what I've been doing but maybe there is a way I'm not aware of. Just edit the resource and click on insert picture then paste the link. I don't see a paperclip anymore there.

To add pictures for a swap page plane I click on the Discussion link on the swap page and then attach pictures to the first post. Just edit that post and you can attach pictures to it.

I made up an alternate CS and also changed the brakes to up elevator (edited the graph points) and got them to where they won't tip the nose over no matter how hard you brake.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1609530626.jpg
    ScreenShot1609530626.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 12
Back