Formating/reloading- Question ?

Cougar

So if I re-format my drive and I have G4 / G5 and up-grade 5.5
and now up-grading to G6 Do I have to load All 3 sims before I
get to up-grade 6 :confused:
thanks,
Jeff

No you do not. I just reformatted and I only reinstalled 6. But, do you have alot of custom (swap page) aircraft you want to migrate to 6?

Jeff, I just loaded RF6 from 5.5 and I checked all the boxes to migrate and ALL of my other packs did not convert over :confused:

I have not reformatted yet.
just wanted to try it out a bit first. I like it. but now I guess I have to pull out
all my disk and start loading :cool:

Jeff

Expansion Packs and Add Ons are a different story than swap page content. They can be copied directly into the new directory. ONLY copy files starting with RFEP or RFAO. Note the proper folder shown in the location bar. It's the same folder for both versions, except one is named for 5.5, and the other is named for 6.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 11
Gotcha,, thanks Jeff ! :D
If I remember in the earlier vers. it just took them while up grading the past I thought. :confused:

Jeff

I'm not following you. Copying the EP files directly is just a quicker way to put the files where they need to be, compared to running all 8 EP discs through you disc drive. It all ends up the same, if correctly done. The EP6 discs will install all 5 AO disc content files.

Worked perfectly Jeff.. took all of about 5 Min's.. and not hours of loading ALL the disks, it even took the older packs as well. I now own every pack available. :And both Mega packs.. now waiting for the next mega pack ;) this only just gets better!

Yud Da Man.

Jeff

jeffpn said:
I'm not following you. The EP6 discs will install all 5 AO disc content files.
Nope it did not do this for me. It did not transfer them.

It only loaded the main files. and did nothing with my past loads.
maybe it is a glitch?

Installing Expansion Pack 6 from the original discs (not copying over the EP6 files from one directory to another) also installs all 5 of the old Add Ons content. I actually just did that yesterday, due to my own reformat.

Back