Free Upgrade and Discounted Upgrade Information

Ryan Douglas said:
If you purchased RealFlight 9.0/9.5 after 9.5S was released (December 7, 2021) and just happened to get old stock, we'd like to help you out. If you can demonstrate that, please PM me with some evidence and we'll see what we can do.

You purchased RF9 on 13/10/2021 (13th Oct 2021) so you purchased the DVD copy before the release date of 7th Dec 2021, which means you are not eligible for the free upgrade to RF Evolution, just the discounted price. I know how you feel I had to pay the $70 for my upgrade to RFE.

Ryan Douglas said:
If you purchased RealFlight 9.0/9.5 after 9.5S was released (December 7, 2021) and just happened to get old stock, we'd like to help you out. If you can demonstrate that, please PM me with some evidence and we'll see what we can do.

You purchased RF9 on 13/10/2021 (13th Oct 2021) so you purchased the DVD copy before the release date of 7th Dec 2021, which means you are not eligible for the free upgrade to RF Evolution, just the discounted price. I know how you feel I had to pay the $70 for my upgrade to RFE.
I'm not going to argue for a discount or free upgrade. What is clear to me is that, from my point of view, less than 2 months does not make a big difference between been eligible for a free update to RF Evolution or not been elegible. Apart from that, if it had been known that in 2 months there would be a new version and that it would be redeemable when Evolution came out, there would have been no problem waiting that long to spend 200€, because it is a considerable effort for my economy.
No problem, I will not pay the 69,99€ for an update (yes, a simple update, at least, today) because it´s the price for AAA game today and I think it´s not fair.
Anyway, thanks a lot for the clarifications.

I purchased RF9.5 on 12-15-21 from Amazon and then took the free upgrade to 9.5s on 9-30-22. I see no free Evolution offers on steam, it is asking for $69.99. If I'm qualified, how do I PM you a copy of my Amazon order?
Hi. I ordered RF 9.5S from Al's Hobbies in UK on 02DEC21 and received it as soon as it was available. My Steam account library shows nothing about Evolution. Horizon Hobby tells me if it's not in my library I don't qualify??? This can't be right. Please help

Hi. I ordered RF 9.5S from Al's Hobbies in UK on 02DEC21 and received it as soon as it was available. My Steam account library shows nothing about Evolution. Horizon Hobby tells me if it's not in my library I don't qualify??? This can't be right. Please help
You purchased RF9 on 02/12/2021 so you purchased before the release date of 7th Dec 2021, which means you are not eligible for the free upgrade to RF Evolution, just the discounted price. It´s what they are saying. You bought it 5 days before the release date so......you´re out. So sorry....5 days man...

😔😔It has been 2 days since I purchased version realflight 9.5, and now I am informed that 2 versions after realflight 9.5 are made and released at the same price as I bought, and it is very unfair that I have to pay for the new version, with I heard that there are illegal and cracked versions available, but I believe in using the legal version because using the cracked version is unfair to the author, but the same author is unbelievably unfair and unfair to me, I really regret buying the legal version

So you bought the RealFlight 9.5 DVD version? And the two never versions you speak of is 9.5S and Evolution? Sorry just making sure. I'm curious where did you get the 9.5 DVD version? If you still have your receipt they might be able to help you.

This might sound strange. But I wouldn't mind having the 9.5 DVD version because I really do not want anything to do with Steam.

I purchased RF9.5 on 12-15-21 from Amazon and then took the free upgrade to 9.5s on 9-30-22. I see no free Evolution offers on steam, it is asking for $69.99. If I'm qualified, how do I PM you a copy of my Amazon order?
Yes, version RealFlight 9.5, my father bought it from a hobby store in Turkey, is there a way to update it to RealFlight Evolution version?

Yes, version RealFlight 9.5, my father bought it from a hobby store in Turkey, is there a way to update it to RealFlight Evolution version?
I would send a PM explaining your situation to Ryan Douglas and tell him you didn't know about the other versions and can he help you. He's a good guy if he can help you he will. But it will probably take time for him to answer you he works for RealFlight and they don't always check the forum often. I'd also check their support website and send the same information to them.

I would send a PM explaining your situation to Ryan Douglas and tell him you didn't know about the other versions and can he help you. He's a good guy if he can help you he will. But it will probably take time for him to answer you he works for RealFlight and they don't always check the forum often. I'd also check their support website and send the same information to them.
Thank you very much♥️♥️♥️♥️

You're welcome. I'm going to also send a PM to Ryan Douglas and tell him what I told you. I don't have any special influence I'm just trying to help.
Yes, I understand, and thank you for your help, just one point, do you think I should convert the realflight 9.5 series to the Steam reapflight 9.5S license? Because I read that the forum administrator said that the conversion site is not active forever, so I doubt whether to convert or not

Yes, I understand, and thank you for your help, just one point, do you think I should convert the realflight 9.5 series to the Steam reapflight 9.5S license? Because I read that the forum administrator said that the conversion site is not active forever, so I doubt whether to convert or not
I don't know how that would affect you being able to get RF Evolution, so I'd wait to see what happens.

Sad that you have to pay full price for an update.....
You get updates for free for the life of the Software version. Realflight Evolution has been updated several times already. New versions of the software are always a paid upgrade. This is how it is for almost all software companies.

Sad that you have to pay full price for an update.....
But you don't. If you purchased RF9.0/9.5 prior to the 9.5S release, you are still eligible for a 30% discount.

I've gone and bolded that bit of text in my original post in this thread because it seems too often people are missing that fact.

Ryan, I have never seen the Evolution download available to my 9.5S version on Steam. Did I miss something? I don't see any way to upgrade it.

Back