Frozen Screen

Here is what I have found
Now the important entry is where it says Display Adapter, it says a 12th Gen Intel CPU now the Display Adapter Entry will tell us what Graphics it's using, probably the Intel UHD but we need to see what your system says.

There isn't an easy fix for this, as the Intel graphics driver for that CPU doesn't support something RF needs to run. Eventually either Intel or RF will fix it, but that could be a while.
Realflight is working on the fix, they are in the process of a DirectX update, but it will not be ready till sometime next year.

See this post for details.

I want to thank you so very much for your assistance today. I had just purchased this desktop a few months ago and as it is a windows 11 I never gave a thought to the size or presence of gaming cards being able to handle a flight simulator that has been on the market for this long. I replaced a 10-year-old desktop with this one and real Flight ran on it with no issues. In fact, a few days ago I did install Real Flight on the windows 11 Desktop, and it truly worked. I flew a few planes on it and even changed airfields and they all worked. Then I closed the program down went to eat and when I returned that is when I was faced with the frozen screen. Your guess is as good as mine as to why it first worked and before that I had it on a desktop that was at least 10 years old, and it worked great. I never saw where they stated the requirement to use Real Flight had the requirement that it does. I only purchased it a few years ago as someone had stated it was better than the one, I had but have lost the disk for it. My laptop will run Real Flight and I paid nowhere close to what just the Nvidia Control Pannel costs. With the being a Desktop and not a laptop if you think of a less expensive way for me to make this work, I am open. In any event, I thank you so very much for your assistance today.

Right now it looks like you're problem is your computer is using the Intel 12th Generation CPU's built-in graphics, which doesn't support a needed function that RealFlight Evolution uses. So your fastest fix might be buying an Add-In Graphics board, and if you do that be sure to buy an NVidia Graphics Card because the AMD cards often have problems with DX9 which RealFlight uses. But so far NVidia cards have been fine. So if you're interested in doing that let us know what budget you want to spend and someone will give you some suggestions. RealFlight isn't a very demanding program so you don't need a top-of-the-line graphics card for it. I know there are people here that know graphics cards very well and can give you good suggestions. I have an older top-of-the-line card so I'm not the best person to advise you on the lower-cost cards.
What would be a price range that will allow for me to use the program and as I am not a very big Gamer, I am just looking to use the RF9.5 just for the fun of it. Yes, I am running the Intel 12th Generation CPU's built-in graphics even though I thought I purchased a desktop that would handle most of the middle of the road software. I was not aware of the requirement to use anything above the 12th Generation CPU built in graphics. I have also asked if the trainer edition also requires a higher level like the i7-9700 cpu instead of the 1200

I am running the following, which is pretty low, and I did not know the RF9.5 required a higher number, when I purchased it. The Desktop I have is only a month or so old and it is a HP windows 11, Model Number TP01-3003W HP. I do not know if it can be upgraded

Attachments

• New Device Processors.png
    New Device Processors.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 1
It doesn't require "a higher number" - if anything, it requires a "lower number." Intel's decision to remove support for older games in its newest processors is the reason it doesn't work. AMD did something similar... and got so many complaints that they eventually "un-removed" the functions that allow older games to run on their newest video cards. With a little luck, Intel will do it, too. But you shouldn't need to spend more than $50 or so for a video card that will work. You don't need a super-expensive card unless you plan on using VR.

I am new to RC and RealFlight Evolution and even pretty new at PCs as I've been running Apple for nearly 20 years. I bought a new Lenovo Laptop with Intel i7. I thought I started up everything just right, all the updates for the computer, etc. Then I encountered the "frozen screen" as described in this and so many threads. I contacted RealFlight via chat. They told me i7 was the problem (compatibility).

I haven't even flown an RC plane yet and I've invested more than $1,600 in this computer and RF to learn a bit before I start crashing planes.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
Roy in Kentucky
(I'm retired)

I am on the phone with Intel now. If they find a solution (Patch?) I will report here. I don't want to return this computer and RFE, but I've only had them for 2 and 3 days.

Right click on the start icon, scroll down and select "Device Manager" then expand the "Display Adapters" and "Processors" list, please post a screen shot.
Read post #20 by @flightengr for more details.
1670258865297.png

I just got off the phone with Intel support. It took several min uts and the agent was operating me computer. In the end he made sure my computer was using the High Performance 3D driver so that Nvidia graphics would be used instead of Intel graphics. Probably want you folks have figured out.

That's what I hoping to see in the Display Adapters list, (Intel and a Nvidia listed), then we could have guided you through making the NVidia the one to use.
Good to hear you can now enjoy the simulator.

Seeing this post is very disappointing, confirm my problem. I have been trying for a long time and found out that Realflight 9.5 does not support the twelfth generation integrated graphics card, which means that my new laptop cannot run this program. I also found that the latest version of Realflight also cannot run, and I don't know if Realflight 8 has the same problem. I can only wait helplessly for a fix to this problem

Maybe not "helplessly." See post #5 in particular in this thread:

Maybe not "helplessly." See post #5 in particular in this thread:
WOW Thank you!! I'll try it

How to Get the Beta Build
  1. Restart your Steam client to ensure it is aware of the new versions.
    1. Right-click the Steam icon in your system tray and select Exit.
    2. Once everything closes, run Steam again.
  2. Right-click on RealFlight Evolution/RealFlight 9.5S in your Steam library, then select Properties...
  3. In the Properties window, select Betas on the left.
  4. Click the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" dropdown control to expand the list.
  5. Select "dxvk-intel-fix".
  6. Close the Properties dialog.
  7. Steam will now download the new version (which will be a very small download).
Thanks to user @asj5547 for bringing this workaround to our attention!

Hi ,

I have just got a new ACER Aspire 5 and have the same problem . A frozen screen with the jet on the
runway . My specs are :
My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2050 – Ins Xe graphics
My CPU is 12th generation Intel i7 – 1260P

I have tried re-installing several times but with no success .
Next time I will turn off Norton and Defender .
How do I configure RF to use a dedicated GPU - I assume my graphics card is dedicated ??

Any help will be much appreciated

Regards

Michael from Wales

Click on the windows start tab, select "All Apps". scroll down the list and find "Nvidia Control Panel", next select the "Configure Surround, PhysX. text in the left-side screen, now in the right-side screen select the Nvidia RTX 2050 as the processor. (See picture).

Attachments

• Nvidia.jpg
    Nvidia.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 15
Back