FrSky XSR-SIM Wireless USB Dongle For Simulators

gsjames

Is this dongle compatible with RealFlight 7.5?

I am using a FrSky X9D+ Taranis for most of my real flying now days and would like to use it on RF7.5 The old V3 Futaba "box" has such a lousy feel that I don't want to use it.

My G7 wired interface (the little box) is not connecting and I thought that it might just be easier to use a wireless device. Any experience out there?

But...the trainer port is standard output....so if you can find the adaptors that originally came with RF, you can plug your X9D into the Interlink, and control things that way. Haven't done that since RF5 and my Ace MicroPro, so can't advise much on the process, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out channel order, etc. on the TX.

Only RF8 and RF9 can use the wireless USB interfaces

I will have to try this. (not ever tried it yet)

I *think* you can still use wireless USB dongles so long as you already have the original REalflight
Interface (Interlink or TX interface) plugged into another port at the same time.
In that case it would only be getting used to run the software, not control the aircraft in the sim.

Does that mean 9.5 will work with a wireless USB too? Anyone have experience with 9.5? Did you have to upgrade the firmware on the USB dongle?

Any version, 8 and above, can use anything that Windows recognizes as a "Joystick or Game Controller" under "Devices".

Maybe an odd question:

Does chinese dongles work with RF9.5 if I purchase the software online from RF ?

The Frsky one noted above is a "chinese dongle". If it shows up in Windows Devices as a Joystick/Game Controller it will work (and that one does).....
BUT make sure the receiving side is suitable for your radio. The Frsky one, for example, only works with Frsky transmitters AND needs to be flashed to work with either their older V1 protocols, or the newer V2 depending on what your radio is using. Not something you can do for yourself, but some vendors (Aloft Hobbies here in the States) can flash it to the version you want, before shipping.

The Frsky one noted above is a "chinese dongle". If it shows up in Windows Devices as a Joystick/Game Controller it will work (and that one does).....
BUT make sure the receiving side is suitable for your radio. The Frsky one, for example, only works with Frsky transmitters AND needs to be flashed to work with either their older V1 protocols, or the newer V2 depending on what your radio is using. Not something you can do for yourself, but some vendors (Aloft Hobbies here in the States) can flash it to the version you want, before shipping.

Mine has no wireless feature. Connection is wired. Simple chinese dongle...

Back