G-3 Installation Problem

bwbowan

I got a new ASUS laptop recently. It uses Windows 7. I have tried multiple times to load my old G-3 on the computer. I can only get to the page where you enter the serial numbers of the program disks and the S/N of the controller. After I do that I expect the button at the top to darken from grey to black and clicking on it would allow me to proceed, but nothing happens. Pressing the enter key does nothing. Does anyone out there have a clue as to what is messing up my installation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Are you installing in "administrator mode"?

Make sure you are entering the numbers correctly. The button will not go black ( clickable ) until valid serial numbers are entered.

People often confuse zero for O, etc.

As opjose said, the likeliest explanation is that you have inadvertently changed one or more of the numbers from your serial number to something that looks similar.

While on the topic of G3 and Windows 7, it is worth noting that RealFlight G3 was not designed to work with Vista and later versions of Windows. It is absolutely possible to use them together, but some special handling is necessary. You should read our Vista Compatibility Guide for more info. It will walk you through how to do any of the basic tasks you may face, including installing and updating your software. It was written specifically for Vista, but most, if not all, of the things it says will still apply to Windows 7.

installing g3

Hi, I bought a G3 from ebay and I to can not get it to work, I have a windows 7 and I did try the Vista Compatibility Guide. This worked fine to a point, where the program was loading, then the g3 screen would go away and an error message would come up "An unexpected error has occured. Would you like to sent an error report to Knife Edge softwear" after this another error came up "No Authorized Interlink found. Make sure your Interlink Plus is plugged in and try again".

any ideas on how to fix this

regards

Aiden

First...

- Did you receive the Interlink controller along with the CD's?

- Did the previous owner de-register his copy?

Second

- Did you follow the Vista installation guide available in the link above?

Hi thank you for replying

1. yes
2 no
3 Yes
I have installed it on my office computer which is running windows 7 and it works fine. But I need it installed on the home computer which is also a windows 7. Could it be the display card on the home computer?

Since the simulator is complaining about a missing Interlink, it is highly unlikely that the error is related to the video card.

It is more likely that either:

- Your USB ports on your home computer are overloaded by connected devices drawing too much current... You can fix this by installing a POWERED USB hub, one with it's own wall power supply, and hooking everything to i.

- Your USB Voltage Regulator on your home computer's motherboard is shot due to the same. The fix is a new motherboard.

- You have a conflicting device driver installed, e.g. camera drivers are notorious for this...

----

You know the Interlink works elsewhere, so the problem does not lie with the Interlink...

Back