G2 - G3 Help please

oldflyer

Hi all

Right on the point of forking out £180:00 for G2 over here in the UK. Looking for a warm feeling that it will be worth the money, have looked at at all the pretty pictures but cant get an idea of how it really flies from them. Engine cut on overly steep climb out, stalling, spinning etc. Can I ask you waht you think the worst thing about the product is, read all the best things.

Also any truth in the G3 rumour for March that one model shop mentioned but others deny?

My PC is P111 750 with oodles of RAM, but weak point could be ATI all in wonder AGP card with 32Mb, any comments.

Thanks for your help guys & gals?

Hi Old,

RF G2 flies great. In fact, RF G1 flew great and G2 just made it better. IMO, they really got the physics right, fixed-wing, anyway. I've seen some heli flyers complain here about how realistic the transition to forward flight is or isn't but those guy are the original "If It Ain't Broke Fix It Anyway" crowd so you can't pay them much mind.

Flame away, rotor heads!

You should reconsider that video card though. I fought with an ATI card for almost a year during the RF G1 days and you couldn't pay me to install one now. Maybe ATI has it straightened out by now but I wouldn't count on it. With ATI drivers, it's two steps forward and one step (sometimes three steps) back. Do yourself a favor and buy any of the GeForce family of cards, then immediately download and install the latest NVIDIA drivers. I don't know about in the UK but here you can buy a GeForce 2 MX card for $70 or less and that's cheap insurance. Then you can be one of the silent majority who spends his time flying RF instead of posting here for help.

Just my tuppense. Good luck.

CJ

Will ya like it ?

Hello,

I have purchased a trainer plane so far and have never flown it. I thought long and hard about G2 and finally spent the money. I wanted to get a feel for flying before I actually put my "real" plane up. If your serious about RC flight, you will love this. I had so much fun with it I thought I was going to loose my mind !!!! My wife thinks I did <grin>. Best software I have ever... ever... bought that I've gotten so much enjoyment from. Best money I have ever spent. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOUR LPT1 PORT IS SET FOR "EPP" OR "ECP". That was the only problem I had upon installation. Best money I ever spent !!!

Rob

CJ & Rob

Thanks for your replies

CJ, been looking at nVIDIAs web site and they have a neat software package that compares my PC video card with all of theirs. Looks like money may have to be spent there as well, thanks for the pointer.

Rob, used to fly a lot of r/c, slope and aero mainly with a taste of heli chucked in (just enough to frighten me really) so looking for realism. Your enthusiasm has rubbed off on me so looks like it's going to be an expensive month. One question please, could you explain further your statement (JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOUR LPT1 PORT IS SET FOR "EPP" OR "ECP".) Not sure i understand what you mean.

Thanks a lot

Ian

Oldflier,

You can change the setting of the port in the computer bios. Usually by hitting the delete key on bootup. Then look for the port setting in the bios and change it if need be. Save and exit. the n fly.

Goodluck...

"This space for rent"

Back