G3.5 Expansion Packs

Rick Shane

Hi all,
Is there somewhere I can download all the G3.5 expansion packs? I bought #4 way back when it was new. But since all the packs now come with the G5.5 I thought there might be a place to download all expansion packs for G3. Thanks!!

It is not possible to download Expansion Packs. The content of the AddOns is downloadable for use with G4+, because the discs themselves do not work with G4+. You'll have to buy them if you want them for G3.

Last edited:
Rick Shane said:
Hi all,
Is there somewhere I can download all the G3.5 expansion packs? I bought #4 way back when it was new. But since all the packs now come with the G5.5 I thought there might be a place to download all expansion packs for G3. Thanks!!

Expansion Packs are not FREE nor downloadable.

Add-ons are FREE and downloadable but only for G4 and above.
http://www.realflight.com/addons.html

Time to spend some money. $$$$ :D

It'd be cheaper than buying the 5 AddOns, wouldn't it? And G5 has alot more features than G3.5!

Don't forget,

The Expansion packs do not come with G5.5.

You do get a lot more from it though and you will get all of the Add-on's for free.

jeffpn said:
It'd be cheaper than buying the 5 AddOns, wouldn't it? And G5 has alot more features than G3.5!

Yes it would be, and I can get it for $45.00 at Tower Hobbies because I have some credit there, and don't have to pay for shipping.

Norton said:
Don't forget,

The Expansion packs do not come with G5.5.

You do get a lot more from it though.

All the expansion packs DO come with 5.5. My buddy just bought the 5.5 with all expansion packs and the radio for $169.00. That just started throwing them in a few weeks ago. Unless I'm talking about something else. He got I think 6 add ons. Isn't that the same as expansion packs? Check into it. All I know is you get everything with G5.5

AddOns are not Expansion Packs. AddOns are free for G4+ users. Expansion Packs must be purchased.

It would be nice if KE would add the AddOns to the next G5.5 patch (and even a new patch for G4.5 users). Then all the confusion about not knowing the difference between AddOns and Expansion Packs could be eliminated.

AddOns discs were developed for use in G2, and they worked in G3. They (the discs) do not work in G4 and up. The AddOns content can be downloaded for free, for that reason.

Expansion Packs were developed for G3, and they work in G4 and G5. Some of the later Expansion Packs only work in G5.

jeffpn said:
It would be nice if KE would add the AddOns to the next G5.5 patch (and even a new patch for G4.5 users).
Well if you are planning on getting the Expansion Pack 6, the add-ons 1-5 are included there too.

jeffpn said:
Expansion Packs were developed for G3, and they work in G4 and G5. Some of the later Expansion Packs only work in G5.
Expansion Packs 1-4 work with G3 and up
Expansion Pack 5 works with G4.0 and up
Expansion Pack 6 works with G4.5.048 and up
Expansion Pack 7 works with G5 and up

BillW50 said:
Well if you are planning on getting the Expansion Pack 6, the add-ons 1-5 are included there too.

Expansion Packs 1-4 work with G3 and up
Expansion Pack 5 works with G4.0 and up
Expansion Pack 6 works with G4.5.048 and up
Expansion Pack 7 works with G5.1.021 and up

Fix'd :D

Back