G3.5 to G7.0 or 7.5?

CrashLanding

I was in my local hobby shop today looking at the upgrade software for G7.0. On the box it stated that it could upgrade G4.0. Can I upgrade my G3.5 with that software? I like my 3.5 and I've never bothered to upgrade it even though I'd like more planes, etc. If I can upgrade my G3.5 I think that'd be a better idea than just outright buying 7.5, especially since I've got the interlink controller. Why buy another one? Thanks.

I was in my local hobby shop today looking at the upgrade software for G7.0. On the box it stated that it could upgrade G4.0. Can I upgrade my G3.5 with that software? I like my 3.5 and I've never bothered to upgrade it even though I'd like more planes, etc. If I can upgrade my G3.5 I think that'd be a better idea than just outright buying 7.5, especially since I've got the interlink controller. Why buy another one? Thanks.

The G3 interlink is no longer supported by the developer. It may still work for now but they have said they won't guarantee that it will work later down the road and if your installation doesn't work there would be no support for the problem.

Ok, so I'll keep on using my 3.5 as it's sufficient instead of spending my cash for the upgrade as my 3.5 is no longer supported and I don't want to buy an entire new program. The manufactorer apparently doesn't want my business. So sad so sorry. Bye bye.

The manufactorer apparently doesn't want my business. So sad so sorry. Bye bye.

Actually they DO want your business, which is why they supported you through 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 & 5.5., 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 & 7.5!

Pretty nice of them IMHO.

You could use the software only upgrade all the way to 7.5 too if you wish at minimal expense... but as csgill75 said, your controller is long past it's "End of Life" and will not be supported in future version making that NOT the advised path.

So you can choose to purchase the software upgrade ( which is an "entire new program"), or buy the new version with a current controller, etc.... the choice is yours.

Just don't try to make it seem as if KE slighted or short changed you in any way, as you have. That is simply ridiculous.

Last edited:
I have 3.0, upgraded to 3.5.
Will the advertised 4.0 to 7.5 upgrade work for a 3.5 system?
In addition to the regular transmitter controls / switches / buttons, my interlink controller only has the red reset button. Looking at image of the newer interlinks they have reset, menu/select and cancel buttons.
Assuming I can get my G3.5 to G7.5 can I simply revert to a mouse in place of the missing interlink menu and cancel buttons?

Robert

I have 3.0, upgraded to 3.5.
Will the advertised 4.0 to 7.5 upgrade work for a 3.5 system?
In addition to the regular transmitter controls / switches / buttons, my interlink controller only has the red reset button. Looking at image of the newer interlinks they have reset, menu/select and cancel buttons.
Assuming I can get my G3.5 to G7.5 can I simply revert to a mouse in place of the missing interlink menu and cancel buttons?

Robert

Yes. You can use the 7.5 upgrade and with your older interlink you should be able to use the simulator. While your controller isn't supported anymore they still work with RF7.

The "Upgrade" to a higher Number version eg 3.5- 4.5, 3.5-7.5 doesn't really a upgrade The previous # version. But the new version, installs, as its own separate entity. You don't need previous # versions and sequentially install a higher # version. What you DO need, is the controller. (That's where the software protection is) You MAY get away with installing newer versions, with the 3.5 controller, but that controller is no longer supported.
The controller has changed from the 3.5 days to the InterLink Elite. (with up to date features) If you do upgrade, to say 7.5, and have controller issues, the 3.5 controller, is no longer supported, and not sold separately. Things DO wear out or break. It would suck to have the new software, with no way to use it.
The best advice, I think I can give you, is to buy the whole new setup. That way your covered into the future. And I'v got to say, the support is really top notch, they do take care of you. If you've been using RealFlight, you know its worth it

i personally uninstalled my G3/G3.5 when i saw the constant "new" versions coming constantly. i mean really every tme i go to a hobbyshop it is the same thing ( buy this new X version with minimal or NO real improvements for $200 a pop, i dont freaking think so. if you have G3.5 keep it no reason to "upgrade" for 180 ( online price) to $200 ( in store price) every time some company puts out a "upgrade" because their profit margin shrinks.

Back