G4 admin/designers etc.

ven2s said:
Now for the real serious stuff. To those of you living in California, especially LA and San Diego counties, my thoughts and prayers go out to you all...stay safe, your lives are more important than your things.

Amen. I have good friends. Last I heard from him about an hr ago is that the fire was about 2 miles from him. I hope everyone makes it alright.

Hey pplace,

Nope, actually I find it funny that they offered a rebate to begin with, that tells me right off that they new this was going to be a hard sell; I don't expect rebates and actually don't trust them at all. They are a useful incentive though, but why offer one at all; they did that not me. You are asking the wrong person and the wrong questions. By the way, being devil's advocate for a sec, you deserve a rebate because your hard earned dollars keep KE going, and without our collective and continued business, they cease to exist; they are not doing you a favor.

I'll say it here and hope KE doesn't censure me, check out the FS One website, most of the stuff many of you are raving about, is standard for 9 bucks more and came out last year or the year before!! And you can bet that they are watching what's going on here with KE and G4. And then there's Phoenix! Competiton not to be taken lightly; KE is not alone anymore.

To Dustyk; your friends in cali are probably OK, from what I can tell on the TV, they are doing their best to evac people.

Last edited:
ven2s said:
To Dustyk; your friends in cali are probably OK, from what I can tell on the TV, they are doing their best to evac people.

Thanks. Talked to him this morning some. Still close but the wind has shifted some so its now all around him but not comming straight at him at the moment. He thinks all will be good we hope. Only 1 part of the fire left that he is worried about. Today they are saying the winds are going to pick up so I dont know. Lets just hope it holds out for some of the aircraft to get airborn and help put a stop to this.

HX3D014 said:
That's right.
Just to answer your statement Bryce.

Back in the days when you were not posting. we had threads running on various topics, and KE paid attention. the Pics and notes to what we already know about G4 are aimed directly at some of those interests/wants/needs.

Well, they need to be paying attention now, I am not going to chase down various past posts. New people aren't either, although I have read the recent G4 posts and seen the screen shots.

Listen. If you want them to maybe come close to what you want or need or are interested in. Then Let me say it again.
List your wants Interests and needs. (Get it up here on the threads, KE can not read minds)

You're not really understanding me. I want them to compare G3.5 to G4, side by side; and show the great strides they have made. As I have said before, they owe it to each of us who have supported them with our hard earned dollars. But right now, their silence speaks volumes. I have already begun seriously looking at their competitors. I mean if I am considering spending $200.00 to get the latest gizmo, I might as well get the best one for my dollars on the market. As I said before, I'd be a fool not to get the best quality product for my dollars.
NE Way.

The iHobby show is over now.
They May have some more info on the ready.

Where? It shouldn't be a fox hunt to find this stuff.

Patience.
Patience.
Patience.

PS. I do find it odd about EP4, not listed on the KE home page. :confused:

PS.
Don't watch those Shows. They will rot your brain!

Oh. Duh. Of cause I want other things. I only gave you a working example.

I understand. I was actually talking about needs, and objectively speaking; needs are those things that we cannot literally live without; ie, air, water, food, clothing, companionship, fire..not G4. ;)

Last and By no means least.
I was not Defending KE. I was trying to Educate you.

Actually, I am trying to help KE, myself, they are slouching here and being complacent; no advertising' not even on EP4? To me they better stop taking us, their client, for granted.

ven2s

Dustyk

Well I pray and hope that those winds die off soon so that your friends don't have to leave where they are. It's good to hear that they are alright, though.

Well I want to thank you guys,on both sides of this G4 issue for your input. I probably blabbed alot but I learned alot too. I started off in another post after I stumbled on the advent of G4. My point to this whole thread was/is to question KE's new product and specifically, their advertising of said new product. I will not go on to beat a dead horse.

You may not agree with my views but what matters is that we each continue to make educated choices. You each deserve to know that you are getting a good return for your hard earned dollars and that a further investment of those dollars is worthwhile.
Personally, it says alot to me that no KE person has yet answered this thread; they should, because I-and each of you- have given them support through dollars, time, and recommendations to other RCers. And we, collectively, have enabled KE to thrive. Why did they even start this forum if they are not going to give any input?

I am happy with what I have, as far as G3.5 and will probably support further updates to G3. But if I ever decide to get a new sim, I will really consider the other sims along with Real Flight.

I gotta get back to work tomorrow and earn those bucks. Happy Flying! :)

Last edited:
Wow, I hope that means your done with your rambling and threatening tones. What are you like in the toothpaste aisle? Do you hold up a tube of Colgate and a tube of Crest and do a conference call with the boards of directors of each company, and demand each to beg you to buy their product? They could do charts and analyses and 8x10 color glossy photos with arrows.

Hi Guys,

The only issue I see here is that KE could/should have done a better job of advertising the upcoming release. This would have allowed people to choose between buying the "old" version or waiting to buy the new version. Heck, make it even better by selling off the surplus G3.5's at a discount after G4 is released.

This practice is not uncommon in the software industry.

Carl

cfossa said:
Hi Guys,

The only issue I see here is that KE could/should have done a better job of advertising the upcoming release. This would have allowed people to choose between buying the "old" version or waiting to buy the new version. Heck, make it even better by selling off the surplus G3.5's at a discount after G4 is released.

This practice is not uncommon in the software industry.

Carl
That's probably the best idea I've seen yet!

A...Ha, ha, ha! Gee Jeffpn, you know me sooooo well!!!! You should be head of KE!!! :D

Last edited:
Back