G4 and Spektrum DX7 Configuration/Setup

jjuneau

Okay, I have searched google and searched these forums. Nothing tells you how to configure helicopters or Airplanes in G4 with the DX7. I saw some threads about G3 setups and DX6i configurations but nothing about the DX7.

Long story short, How do you configure the Spektrum DX7 to use the passthrough cable to the Interlink Elite controller on G4 ???

No, it's not as easy as "calibrating the controller" or changing the "channel mappings".

To me it looks like a pain in the arse, but I'm sure their is a genious on these forums who has figured it out..

Can you help please? I didn't buy my $300 DX7 so it could sit on my desk until the wind stops blowing outstide.

Regards,
-Justin

Last edited:
jjuneau said:
To me it looks like a pain in the arse, but I'm sure their is a genious on these forums who has figured it out..

Can you help please? I didn't buy my $300 DX7 so it could sit on my desk until the wind stops blowing outstide.

Regards,
-Justin
You are correct that it is a pain in the arse. Each plane must be configured separately in your DX7. Most here feel it's not worth the effort. I think you'd want to fly more RF planes than your radio could store, anyway.

If you didn't have RF, what would you be doing with the DX7 while the wind was blowing outside?

jjuneau said:
Okay, I have searched google and searched these forums. Nothing tells you how to configure helicopters or Airplanes in G4 with the DX7. I saw some threads about G3 setups and DX6i configurations but nothing about the DX7.

Long story short, How do you configure the Spektrum DX7 to use the passthrough cable to the Interlink Elite controller on G4 ???

No, it's not as easy as "calibrating the controller" or changing the "channel mappings".

Regards,
-Justin

In your words....Ummm....Who cares?

EDIT: Sorry to be that way, but don't come in to a forum and act like a jerk and expect to be helped by other members.

Last edited:
Well it's obvious you kids don't know either otherwise you'd have posted an intelligent reply instead of trying to start a flame war.

No worries, I can just hijack your other threads with the same retarded comments you all have posted here.

jjuneau said:
Well it's obvious you kids don't know either otherwise you'd have posted an intelligent reply instead of trying to start a flame war.

No worries, I can just hijack your other threads with the same retarded comments you all have posted here.

Come on man? No need to respond like that! We are not all kids here. By the way, if you are so smart not being a kid you could figure it out yourself????????????????

Last edited:
Just a note for forum and other searches. Try other possible related words especially if they are 4 letters or less. Searching for "Spektrum" provides many results. The posts I used are referenced below.

First a few things to know before you can set up your DX7.

The Spektrum transmitter needs to be off when you plug in the patch cord. It will turn itself off when you plug in the cord.

With the Spektrum not connected, you should set up a plane for Real Flight. Hold the ["Scroll"-Down] and "Select" buttons with the power off, and then turn the transmitter On while you are still holding down the buttons. For the rest refer to the DX7 manual.

Links:

I have a DX7 and the one I found this post most helpful was this thread:
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=16521&highlight=Spektrum

I set mine up with the link above and then just printed out dledfords post for quick reference.

Another good one is
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=19984&highlight=Spektrum

I JUST set up my DX7 on a synergy n9 with the 'pass through' configuration and had it figured out in <30 minutes without any tutorials. And this is the harder way to do it (where you need a different model for each heli/plane).

It really is as simple as I spelled it out in another thread about this same subject.

If you need help beyond that, someone probably needs to actually show you how it's done.

-Eric

Okay, I just did it the original way I told you in the time between my last post and now.

Set up new model #20 as ACRO and name RFLT
press select/scroll @ same time to enter normal screen
Turn off radio
plug in DX7 to realflight radio, and DX7 will turn itself on
Start realflight. If the DX7 isn't active, press ALT
Mouse up to "controller"
Select "Select Transmitter" -> "Interlink Elite Transmitter 8 channel"
Press ALT
Select "Controller" from drop down menu
Select "Calibrate Controller" and follow instructions
Press ALT
Select "Controller" From drop down menu
Select "Channel Mapping"
from top to bottom, you should have.
1, no reverse, Throttle
2, Reversed, Roll
3, no reverse, Pitch
4, Reversed, Yaw
The rest is whatever you want it to be. Try it and see how it works.

Press okay, and fly the darn airplane.

It really is this easy. I just did it myself. It works.
Honestly, if you can't do this, find someone to help you directly.

-Eric

rccardude04 said:
Okay, I just did it the original way I told you in the time between my last post and now.

Set up new model #20 as ACRO and name RFLT
press select/scroll @ same time to enter normal screen
Turn off radio
plug in DX7 to realflight radio, and DX7 will turn itself on
Start realflight. If the DX7 isn't active, press ALT
Mouse up to "controller"
Select "Select Transmitter" -> "Interlink Elite Transmitter 8 channel"
Press ALT
Select "Controller" from drop down menu
Select "Calibrate Controller" and follow instructions
Press ALT
Select "Controller" From drop down menu
Select "Channel Mapping"
from top to bottom, you should have.
1, no reverse, Throttle
2, Reversed, Roll
3, no reverse, Pitch
4, Reversed, Yaw
The rest is whatever you want it to be. Try it and see how it works.

Press okay, and fly the darn airplane.

It really is this easy. I just did it myself. It works.
Honestly, if you can't do this, find someone to help you directly.

-Eric

Thank you all to have posted positive and intelligent replies. I too now have my DX7 working flawlessly with G4 running via Bootcamp on a duel quad core Mac Pro. Let me just say, this simulator screams! Thanks again guys, I appreciate your willingness to help me and others in a time of need.

To all of the other kids who like to make heckling comments, go back to myspace.

it should be the same as G3 or G3.5 here is what i did:

first since my rela flight didnt come with the cable and all od my e-mails have thus far went unanswered i made my own :D instructions for it are below also :D.

(copy and paste from my personal r/c forum that i started in september and am currently looking for new members)

ok for those that do not know and either have lost (or like me did not get one) thier interface cable and wish to use their own spektrum radio tx here is what you do:

first get yourself a 1/8" mono audio input plug and a piece of wire.

next solder the 1/8" mono audio jack onto one end just as if you would be using it for a mono audio device.

next take and jump pins 5 and 6 on the interlink controller with a piece of stiff wire

after that you will want to make your signal wire into a y (signal wire is the center pin on the 1/8" mono audio jack)

with that done you will insert the the 2 ends of the signal wire into the holes for pins 1 and 4

and teh ground wire (grnd wire on 1/8" mono audio jack) into pin hole 2.
see diagram below for pin layout on interlink controller:

the above shows the holes in the 6 pin port on the interlink they are numbers like this:

simple isnt it

next take and set up a profile in your TX and name it G?.?. realflight, or whatever just make sure you cna remember it is what is set when you want to use it for realflight.

once you have that done connect your interlink into a usb in your computer, and with your DX7 turned OFF plug the 1/8" mono audio plug into the dsc plug on teh back of your DX7, once this is done your controller will be recognized by the interlink as connected, start realflight, select interlink joystick, now there is only one thing left to do and that is the channel mapping.

here is what you need to do for the channel mapping in realflight:

after you have your tx connected, you select controller (interlink joystick)

then you select controller, then channel mapping.

here is exactly what you need to have from top to bottom

1 Channel 3 - throttle
2 Channel 1 - Roll
3 Channel 2 - pitch
4 Channel 4 - yaw
5 Channel 5 - Dual Rates
6 Channel 8 - 3 Position Switch
7 Channel 7 - smoke
8 Channel 6 - knob.

this is all you need with the exception of some of the above channel mapping having the revers box checked, this works on G3.5 through G5.5 as far as i know and is only for the spektrum radios however it may also work with jr if the pin out is the same on the 1/8" mono audio plug. enjoy

NOTE: this doesnt really work well for helis and i am currntly in the process of trying to figure it out (landing gear doesnt work on scale helis, and a few other issues)but it works just fine for teh planes i have tried.

Last edited:
Now that you've got it all figured out you may want to re-consider using your field radio that was never intended to be used day in and day out for hours on end as you will be using it in RF

Which will now also have a cord attached to it multiplying the threat to it's health significantly

Save your field radio for the field ........one day you may wish you had!!

Back