G4 Sinking Helis

phrank

I've not read anything about the sinking helis yet, but here are some sample shots from Evergreen Airport.

Frank...

Attachments

• ScreenShot1194578957.jpg
    ScreenShot1194578957.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 76
  • ScreenShot1194578914.jpg
    ScreenShot1194578914.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 65
  • ScreenShot1194578906.jpg
    ScreenShot1194578906.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 72
Evergreen is a photo field, so that is just from the underlying depth buffer being a touch lower in the spot where the heli is sitting. If it happens on the whole runway, the the depth buffer is indeed too low.

Ok guys I understand that we want everything to be perfect ecpecially for the price we pay for the sim, but come on Im sure we can find better things to pick at.

When you start creating content you'll understand. :rolleyes:

plpflyboy said:
Ok guys I understand that we want everything to be perfect ecpecially for the price we pay for the sim, but come on Im sure we can find better things to pick at.

At least this is not a "bug"... merely the wrong setting on the airport file.

Easily fixable too.

This is a known issue which is addressed in the next update (coming soon to a public beta near you!).

Ryan Douglas said:
This is a known issue which is addressed in the next update (coming soon to a public beta near you!).

Ahah!

The cat is out of the bag!

How about throwing in some physics fixes and tweaks too!

Pretty please!

e.g. those parameters that lost their effect, etc.

It's good to see KE fixing some things that have been mentioned here. They might have known about it before but it's still good to know that they are going at some of the problems people have complained about. Thanks KE!

one thing ive always wondered, is knifeedge affiliated with greatplanes/real flight? or are they completely indipentant? sorry for my spelling.

STANG KILLA SS said:
one thing ive always wondered, is knifeedge affiliated with greatplanes/real flight? or are they completely indipentant? sorry for my spelling.
Knife Edge Software makes the RealFlight software. Great Planes publishes and distributes RealFlight, as well as providing technical support. We are affiliated with each other due to our business arrangements, but we are independent companies.

Back