Galloping Ghost EP

OK yes I totally agree. I just hope that they don't do something like Real Flight only works if you have the latest version they put out. Then it stops working until you buy the next latest version and so on.

I made one more change and did what should be the final build. I changed the cockpit color to the same as the glare shield. Before the cockpit was a little lighter than the glare shield which seemed too light when flying with the pilot cam. This should be the final change so it should be ready to release.

Thanks to everyone that shared their changes to the physics I always like to know how others are flying. But I'll leave the physics the way I had them for the release because they're tuned to the way I like to fly.

All of my other PX series planes have an 84-inch wingspan and I created the Galloping Ghost using the PX-51 as a starting point, then modified it to be the Galloping Ghost. But because the Galloping Ghost has clipped wings it ended up with a 72-inch wingspan. This morning I thought I'd see what it looked like with an 84-inch wingspan so I went in the physics and changed the visual size to 116% and it definitely changed the character of the plane. Of course, there are two sides to the story. At 100% the plane is really the same size as the PX-51 but with clipped wings so if you want an 84-inch wingspan you have to scale up everything. (so the plane looks larger)

Last edited:
You know I'm not sure. At first I liked the larger size but the more I fly them I tend to like the original 100% size the best. I guess it's because it is the same size as the other PX series planes but with a shorter wingspan.

Last edited:
I have a question. I "might" be interested in creating my version of an existing plane but larger and as typical for me I might not get the scale perfect (best I can do type of thing). So is it permissible to create my own version of the E-Flite Commander with an 84-inch wingspan instead of 1.4m and just model it the best I can and call it Techair Commander or maybe Commander 84. I don't want to do something I shouldn't do but I definitely don't want a 1.4m version (too small for me) and I never seem to get the scale looks perfect so I wanted to call it something different. So is that something that's okay or is it better to move on and do something different?

Plus I want it to be an old-school plane without as3x. So help me decide if it's something I should do or just move on and do something different. I'm also thinking about doing something original (as uncle twist would say one of my fantasy planes).

So give me your opinions please.

Depends if RF has intentions of releasing that model in the near future, (remember Flexible2's Timber X).
The E-Flite Commander is a beautiful model and deserves to be on the simulator, your 3d-modelling skills would certainly do it justice.

Depends if RF has intentions of releasing that model in the near future, (remember Flexible2's Timber X).
The E-Flite Commander is a beautiful model and deserves to be on the simulator, your 3d-modelling skills would certainly do it justice.
Thanks, @asj5547. Here's my take on that. The reason for me to rename it is to keep the real name available for RF's version, and I fully expect them to create the E-Flite Commander. Or at least they should. But my version would be larger and without as3x so it shouldn't step on its toes. I don't want the E-Flite version so it would give me a version of the Commander I want to fly, larger and without as3x.

I really like the looks of the Commander and am interested in modeling it (maybe) but I don't want to create a problem child so to speak. All in all maybe I should just move on.

I agree the Commander is a great model and sure a non as3x version would be nice
You say larger, what wingspan do you have in mind.?

I agree the Commander is a great model and sure a non as3x version would be nice
You say larger, what wingspan do you have in mind.?
Probably the same as my PX series planes, 84-inches. But 72-inches is possible too. I'm starting to really like the size of the Galloping Ghost, which has a 72-inch wingspan.

Go for it, the model isn`t in RF as of now and we don`t know if it ever will be (albeit it`s likely, but who knows..??) and it goes without saying, if RF does release one, it won`t be the same as yours or visa versa. I also remember Wilsonman (I think) in the process of modeling a Skycrane Heli for RF, but then RF released one, so he never finished it, a shame, because it was looking REALLY nice.!!

Go for it, the model isn`t in RF as of now and we don`t know if it ever will be (albeit it`s likely, but who knows..??) and it goes without saying, if RF does release one, it won`t be the same as yours or visa versa. I also remember Wilsonman (I think) in the process of modeling a Skycrane Heli for RF, but then RF released one, so he never finished it, a shame, because it was looking REALLY nice.!!
Thanks I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. I lost a 4 TB hard drive in my computer so I need to order one and replace it. I might also replace the Boot SSD since it's been about 5 years since I installed it. So I'm not sure when I'll start a new model. Hopefully I'll release the Galloping Ghost this weekend and be done with it.

I guess it's time for computer problems. I have 2 small UPSes under my wife's desk, 1 for her computer and another one for all the TV/Media equipment and they both decided to give up and start beeping because the batteries went bad. So two more things that need to be replaced. I already have 2 new UPSes but I plugged them in and will wait for a 24-hour charge before I install them. It makes me wonder what's next.

I have a question. I "might" be interested in creating my version of an existing plane but larger and as typical for me I might not get the scale perfect (best I can do type of thing). So is it permissible to create my own version of the E-Flite Commander with an 84-inch wingspan instead of 1.4m and just model it the best I can and call it Techair Commander or maybe Commander 84. I don't want to do something I shouldn't do but I definitely don't want a 1.4m version (too small for me) and I never seem to get the scale looks perfect so I wanted to call it something different. So is that something that's okay or is it better to move on and do something different?

Plus I want it to be an old-school plane without as3x. So help me decide if it's something I should do or just move on and do something different. I'm also thinking about doing something original (as uncle twist would say one of my fantasy planes).

So give me your opinions please.
I don't see why anybody at Horizon would have a problem with what you describe.

Back