Galloping Ghost EP

The Techair Commander was not close enough to a Techair Commander?
The model was taking shape real nice, just keep plugging away at it, the commander does not have to look exactly like some manufacturers model (E-Flite) just give us the basic silhouette with some Technoid tweaks to make it your own.

I decided the plane I was modeling wasn't close enough to call it a Techair Commander so I deleted the build thread for it. I may start another thread with a new name but what I modeled wasn't close enough to the real plane to keep it. My plane is nice looking so I plan to keep modeling it but as Uncle Twist would say, a fantasy plane. Or as I say, one of my look alikes.
Tech., I don`t get it, I`m :unsure: :unsure:, you`ve always said that when you`re modeling a real word model, that they`re not exactly "to scale", AND that you don`t like to do "scale", we`ve all grown to accept that, AND/OR nor do we expect them to be. To be honest, I think most of, if not all of your "not to scale", "semi scale" planes or whatever you want to call them, look plenty scale enough to me (Examples: Bearcat, both Pipers, your latest T-28). NOW, you`re practically saying it`s (Commander) not scale enough, when you say "not close enough". I`m just curious as too where you draw the line between the two. I agree with asj 100%. I think it`s a very cool looking plane, and yours was coming along very nicely, and certainly isn`t worthy of a "fantasy plane" title, it would have been to close to scale, which I think we all recognize as semi-scale.... ;) ;) (y) (y)

The Techair Commander was not close enough to a Techair Commander?
The model was taking shape real nice, just keep plugging away at it, the commander does not have to look exactly like some manufacturers model (E-Flite) just give us the basic silhouette with some Technoid tweaks to make it your own.
@asj5547 I went to the Dentist today so I didn't feel much like doing anything when I got home so I just laid down and took a nap, and then watched a movie with the wife. Thanks a lot for your support you're always so great but several things piled up on me before I deleted the build thread. First I wanted this to be a good copy of the real plane but just larger but it seemed like the more I tried to make it look like the real plane the more I couldn't so it just built up on me until I just had to delete the build thread. I shouldn't have named it using Commander because I'm sure people will check out the swap page and see the plane is "sort" of like the real Commander but fairly different and that's what bothered me. If I had called it Techair Commodore it would have been fine. So that was the real deal I just didn't think it looked enough like the real Commander and people wouldn't like it. I know you guys on the forum like the planes I do but for some reason what the downloaders would think of it really bothers me.

Tech., I don`t get it, I`m :unsure: :unsure:, you`ve always said that when you`re modeling a real word model, that they`re not exactly "to scale", AND that you don`t like to do "scale", we`ve all grown to accept that, AND/OR nor do we expect them to be. To be honest, I think most of, if not all of your "not to scale", "semi scale" planes or whatever you want to call them, look plenty scale enough to me (Examples: Bearcat, both Pipers, your latest T-28). NOW, you`re practically saying it`s (Commander) not scale enough, when you say "not close enough". I`m just curious as too where you draw the line between the two. I agree with asj 100%. I think it`s a very cool looking plane, and yours was coming along very nicely, and certainly isn`t worthy of a "fantasy plane" title, it would have been to close to scale, which I think we all recognize as semi-scale.... ;) ;) (y) (y)
@uncle twist First I hope you know me using the phrase you coined years ago about my planes wasn't meant in a bad way, I always thought it described my planes really well. Just something I dream up as I go. But you're right this plane is fairly close to the real one so a "fantasy" plane isn't the right way to describe it. So telling on myself again, what the last straw was before I deleted the build thread. I worked on the hstab and vstab all last night trying to make them like the real plane (meaning tapered and with an airfoil) but when I got done they just looked bad to me so I went back to using a balsa slab vstab and hstab like I generally do. Which disappointed me so much I just deleted the build thread.

@uncle twist First I hope you know me using the phrase you coined years ago about my planes wasn't meant in a bad way, I always thought it described my planes really well. Just something I dream up as I go. But you're right this plane is fairly close to the real one so a "fantasy" plane isn't the right way to describe it. So telling on myself again, what the last straw was before I deleted the build thread. I worked on the hstab and vstab all last night trying to make them like the real plane (meaning tapered and with an airfoil) but when I got done they just looked bad to me so I went back to using a balsa slab vstab and hstab like I generally do. Which disappointed me so much I just deleted the build thread.
No worries Tech., I figured it wasn`t meant in a bad way, just like it wasn`t meant in a bad way when I first said it. Sorry to see that you deleted, I`m sure either way that you modeled the stabs would have been just fine, I don`t think people look very close at those kind of things IMHO..:unsure::unsure: I hope you get back at it.

From all the support I got I see I did the wrong thing by deleting the build thread. I was just disappointed and wanted to stop. But @asj5547 is right it's okay to have a plane using the same base name because adding Techair gives it a different creator so some differences is okay. So I'll continue to work on it and create a new build thread. (sorry I'm a dummy)

I haven't created a new build thread yet but I've been working on the Techair Commander. I went back and modified the flat balsa hstab using the FDD(box) modifier (so i could set how many control points) and got something that looks decent so I guess I'll go that way. What I did was on a test file so I'll need to do it on the main file but it looks good enough to use. So like @asj5547 said, just keep chipping away on it.

Back