Galloping Ghost EP

From what I have found They are called winglets. Used to reduce drag on the tips of the wings. Jet airliners use them to increase fuel efficiency. In this case I would believe it would be to increase speed.
Thanks. I looked them up but the description I found talked about the rounded up tips and called them winglets so I wasn't sure if the ones on the galloping ghost were winglets too.

I did a little more work on the Galloping Ghost this morning. I repositioned the wings and flattened the bottom a little more to better match the real plane. I'm going to create the wheel wells for this plane so there will be a little more scale looks to this PX series Fun Fly version. Which means I'll probably improve the landing gear too. Nothing to make it true scale but just enough to make it look the part better.

By the way, even though I know that the other PX planes don't have wheel wells, I never notice it. I just love them.
You know after reading your comment I think I'll just forget adding the wheel wells I was only adding them for other people. I'm like you I just like to fly the plane and have fun with it I don't notice the missing wheel wells at all, so thanks for your comment.

Being honest most folks once they see a plane isn't true scale throw it away so it's a lot of work to add wheel wells when most folks won't download the plane because it isn't true scale. I only model to have something to do and fly and the field where I used to fly is full of people that build all sorts of homemade stuff so what I create for RealFlight fits in there perfect. I'm the odd duck I don't fit in the box.

I don't really have anything to report but I did do quite a bit of tweaking on the GG today. I repositioned the wings where I generally put them, increased the thickness of the hstab and vstab, repositioned the engine exhaust for the modified fuselage, and realigned the model to the grid and got rid of some templates I was using. Just general tweaks. I guess I need to add the turtle deck but I haven't wanted to mess with it yet so I just did a lot of little things I needed to do.

Back