Galloping Ghost EP

I woke up hard and couldn't get back to sleep so I started working on the plane. I added all the test stripes and did some final tweaking to the fuselage so now I'm ready to do the 1x1 mapping on the rest of the plane. But that's enough for now so it's time to stop.

I just got back from getting my flu shot and filling up the gas tank. I couldn't believe it with the maximum discount I got with my Kroger gas points I only paid 2.09 per gallon. But I bet it won't take long for that 2 million barrels reduction to hit here.

Sometimes when you do the 1x1 mapping you find a part you mapped wrong, and that's what just happened to me. I was going to do the 1x1 mapping on the trailing edge of the wing and the leading edge of the aileron when I released I had sized them wrong. So I just got through fixing that which slowed down my progress. But at least it's fixed and I can go on from here. There's not much left to do just the hstab and the vstab so once I get back to it it shouldn't take long to finish. But I think I need a coffee break and some game time before I go back and finish. But it's always great to get the 1x1 mapping finished so hopefully I'll finish it up a little later.

Mapping finished, oh no, now what will you do to have some fun.?

well there's always this this!
tumblr_njn4kjCSHe1qedb29o1_500.gif

I started working on the color scheme this morning. I added color for the tires, wheels, cockpit, and exhaust. But I'm not sure what to do with the main plane. I guess if it's going to be a Galopping Ghost it has to be silver. Or I could just call it a P-51 Reno Racer and color it anything I want.

Here's my latest changes. The base color of the plane will change to a little darker silver.

Question.. what's a good font for the 177 on the side of the plane with those elongated sevens?

I just added the Galloping Ghost text so here's a picture of it too. I'll be fine-tuning things a little more later.

GG 38.jpgGG 39.jpg

Last edited:
I guess one more picture before I leave to take the wife to a doctor visit. I added the engine by packard. Sorry for the tiny updates. After looking at it I think I need to reduce the width of the "Engine By" just a little bit. But like I said I'll tweak all this stuff after I get everything on it.

GG 40.jpg

Just an observation Tech. (I know you`re not done yet), But are you going to be resizing "THE GALLOPING GHOST" name and the exhaust ???. They both look too small.

Back