Galloping Ghost EP

Well sometimes you just have to do the right thing. I did a lot of work to make the 4-Blade prop (asj too) so I decided to release the plane with the 4-Blade prop on it. I finished tweaking the physics this morning so after I fly it a little more I'll upload another beta of the plane for you to test before I release it. But give me a little time to fly it a little more first. I did set the back torque to 50.

Last edited:
Okay here's another beta for you to play with. The prop has changed quite a bit so "please" select the "overwrite everything" option so you'll get all the changes. ASJ showed me how to create a custom propdisk so I added one and I also modified the Side TGA for an improved side view when the prop is spinning. All in all the prop definitely looks better. There's also been a number of changes to the flight physics so that's why it's important to use the "overwrite" everything option when you import the plane. Please give it a good look and test flight and let me know if you see anything that needs to be changed.

Controls Set for InterLink Elite

BRAKES: Up Elevator
FLAPS: Channel 6 Knob
SMOKE: Channel 8 3 Pos. Switch Forward (away from you)

GG 49.jpg

Attachments

• Galloping Ghost EP_EA.RFX
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Sometimes you put something on the backburner and then forget about it. When I modeled the Galloping Ghost I made the Spinner too long so I said I'd go back later and shorten it, but never did. So I decided yesterday to go back and shorten the Spinner so it looks more like the real plane. Anyway, I just finished doing that so the released plane will look a little better I think.

I lost a 4 TB hard drive a couple of days ago. I didn't get much of a warning it just said when I rebooted the computer a hard drive had failed and press F1 to start setup. At least it let me force a reboot of the computer and I did get most everything I wanted off it but after that I had to go into the BIOS and disable that drive so it would boot normally until I can get another hard drive.

Tech, I've been flying Galloping Ghost for a while now, I like it a lot Even the spinner that is on it now. You had asked to give it a good look over and wanted input. To me it seems a little nose heavy. Just for the fun of it try these settings and see what you think. Move the battery back to -.6000, wing incidence to .3 and High rates Expo to 48 then fly it and see what you think. You could possibly even turn down some throws at these settings. Try it if you don't like it just tell me to go jump in a lake. 🤣 I forgot to add I just went in and turned down the throws a little and it seemed more locked in. I've got the throws set to elev. 20, Ail.18, Rudder at 42.

Last edited:
Tech, I've been flying Galloping Ghost for a while now, I like it a lot Even the spinner that is on it now. You had asked to give it a good look over and wanted input. To me it seems a little nose heavy. Just for the fun of it try these settings and see what you think. Move the battery back to -.6000, wing incidence to .3 and High rates Expo to 48 then fly it and see what you think. You could possibly even turn down some throws at these settings. Try it if you don't like it just tell me to go jump in a lake. 🤣 I forgot to add I just went in and turned down the throws a little and it seemed more locked in. I've got the throws set to elev. 20, Ail.18, Rudder at 42.
Okay I'll give it a look. But I typically like a more docile handling plane so I'll see how it goes.

If you want more docile than this just turn down the throws just a little little bit more. It still is stable and controllable in a hover.

I went as low on the throws as, Ail. 15, Elev. 14, Rudder 35 and it kept getting more stable and tamer plus was still very good at hovering.

I set the rudder to 35, left everything else "as is".
I just found the rudder too aggressive when flying at slow speeds. (Drops wing)
How's the stall turns with the Rudder at 35. I like a brisk stall turn that's why the Rudder was at 45. But that's the cool thing about models it's easy to tune them how you like to fly.

I went as low on the throws as, Ail. 15, Elev. 14, Rudder 35 and it kept getting more stable and tamer plus was still very good at hovering.
At these settings I can still fly really nice upright and inverted Harriers Nice and slow. Tech I really really like this plane. You did a great job! I will try a stall turn.

I have the rudder back up to 38 for a more crisp stall turn and ail at 15 elev at 14. Im not noticing it drop a wing and I'm flying at a really slow crawl in upright and inverted harriers. :unsure:

Well because I'm not sure if Horizon Hobby's business model is one I'm crazy about. When I was out at Oshkosh. Horizon Hobby had a display area where you could check out their products and ask questions. As we talked for a while I was told they put a product out and after 2 yrs it is discontinued and will not be supported. I said I have a war bird plane made by them and have spent a yr and 1/2 adding scale detail to it to make it look real. So I asked if anything happened to it can I get replacement parts. I was told a very prompt NO! The guy from Horizon Hobby said why would you spend time upgrading your model it should be good enough. Plus we are here to make money so what our goal is for the customer to buy the product use it for a while, say 2 yrs. After that time you can't get parts or support. And they want you to buy the next product. Sort of like buy a 2022 car and after 2 yrs you can't get any parts or support for it. So if anything happens to it the solution is we will sell you a 2024 model. I just didn't feel Horizon Hobby had the customers best interest in mind and just wanted to make money off of you plus didn't care how you feel about it.

Well because I'm not sure if Horizon Hobby's business model is one I'm crazy about. When I was out at Oshkosh. Horizon Hobby had a display area where you could check out their products and ask questions. As we talked for a while I was told they put a product out and after 2 yrs it is discontinued and will not be supported. I said I have a war bird plane made by them and have spent a yr and 1/2 adding scale detail to it to make it look real. So I asked if anything happened to it can I get replacement parts. I was told a very prompt NO! The guy from Horizon Hobby said why would you spend time upgrading your model it should be good enough. Plus we are here to make money so what our goal is for the customer to buy the product use it for a while, say 2 yrs. After that time you can't get parts or support. And they want you to buy the next product. Sort of like buy a 2022 car and after 2 yrs you can't get any parts or support for it. So if anything happens to it the solution is we will sell you a 2024 model. I just didn't feel Horizon Hobby had the customers best interest in mind and just wanted to make money off of you plus didn't care how you feel about it.
Okay thanks I understand your feelings. But since my only rc connection these days is the simulator I really want to see them move to a newer version of Direct X and also improve the looks of the 3d fields like RF-X had, that would be perfect for me.

Back