Galloping Ghost EP

Well it's time to take down my computer and bring it to the patio and blow it out. It hasn't been cleaned for a couple of years I bet so it's probably filthy inside. I need to clean it up so when I install the new hard drives it isn't full of dust bunnies. Hopefully it will start back up after I clean it out.

Be careful not to blow on any fan blades, I think that`s how my last comp. had a meltdown. Unbeknownst to me, I blew a fan out of its housing (it was only held in by light magnets) thereby loosing some cooling, dang thing was only about two inches in dia.... :( :(

Be careful not to blow on any fan blades
Yes. Touch/hold the fan blades/hub before blowing on them. If they sound like a siren, you're doing it wrong. There's no problem blowing the dust out of them (and the heatsink under them) as long as you don't let them overrev and throw blades. They're not designed for 10K RPM's! You can also blow out the power supply & P/S fan as long as you stick a screw driver or something through the vent (or maybe the "pocket clip" part of a BIC pen cover) to keep the fan from spinning - with the power cord unplugged, of course.

Last edited:
Well, it's mostly finished but I did a lot more than I started out to do. And yes I was careful with the fan blades. I did let them spin but I always watch them close and listen to them, when they get going pretty well I stop blowing on them. Then when they stop I blow them in the opposite direction. I always do that with the power supply, cpu cooler, and graphics card.

When I blew out my computer it was really bad so I decided to do our server too since it sits next to my computer and hadn't been cleaned for longer than my computer, probably another year. And it's a good thing I blew it out it was way worse than my computer. Then since both of them are at the same desk and the two UPSes are there too I disconnected everything and cleaned that area too. So I've been a cleaning fool all afternoon. But at least things are clean now and everything worked fine when I turned them on. (my computer and our server)

Well, it's time for my wife's Dr. visit in Dallas so we'll be heading off soon. There's not much going on in the designer's corner these days but hopefully I'll get my interest in modeling back and do something.

Hope everything goes well at the Dr. Visit. Hey Tech just wondering, I remember some crazy person namely me asked a while ago about a grey color schemes for your T-28B. Just wondering if that might still be in the works. Thanks. Have a safe trip.

Hope everything goes well at the Dr. Visit. Hey Tech just wondering, I remember some crazy person namely me asked a while ago about a grey color schemes for your T-28B. Just wondering if that might still be in the works. Thanks. Have a safe trip.
Thanks, everything went well. But we got caught up in a traffic jam on the way home for about 30-45 minutes. I remember you asking about that and getting a picture of it but for the life of me I don't know what it was now. Can you show me that picture again? Right now I need to finally release the T-28D Nomad 20% (I released it but took it down when I decided to do the panel lines for it). And of course, I have the Galloping Ghost to release too. So maybe I'll have time later but for now I need to get those two released.

Hey Tech., I see that ...that CS appears to be on the AT-28, (albeit, without missiles) but you never released it, At least, I can`t see that you did.....Are you planning on releasing it..?? It`s really nice looking.. :)

Hey Tech., I see that ...that CS appears to be on the AT-28, (albeit, without missiles) but you never released it, At least, I can`t see that you did.....Are you planning on releasing it..?? It`s really nice looking.. :)
Here's a sentence from post #370 where I explained what happened.

Right now I need to finally release the T-28D Nomad 20% (I released it but took it down when I decided to do the panel lines for it).

A little more info on why I took the T-28D Nomad down after I released it. Someone asked me if I was going to do a panel lines and rivets CS for it, which at first I wasn't, but I decided to go ahead and do that but I knew if I did I wanted the door and exhaust panel on the released plane to have the indented lines to show them off more so I just deleted the plane from the swap pages to do that work. BUT.. by that time I got tired of the project so I moved on to the Galloping Ghost and never finished it. But right now I'm taking a break from both projects but I plan to release the T-28D Nomad 20% with the panel lines and rivets CS on it with the machine gun firing physics mod on it too (released plane). But for the last week or two I haven't been able to get going on anything so I just drop by the forum to post (but no work). But I'm starting to get interested in working on a plane again so I expect soon I'll get going again.

Last edited:
@rcdoski Here's a render for you. Is this what you're looking for? I did take a couple of small liberties. I haven't created the color scheme in RealFlight yet I just finished making it in Photoshop. I might need to tweak it after I create the CS and see it in RF.

T-28B Trojan 20% Gray 02.jpg

Back