Getting RealFlight to work wirelessly with WS2000 to DXS transmitter

persianninja

Hey all,
1st post here :). Just got into RC Planes.
I have that wired Interlink Transmitter which works with RealFlight Trainer, but I just got a Carbon Cub that includes a WS2000 Dongle which i believe can hook up with the Carbon Cub's DXS transmitter wirelessly so I don't need the wired transmitter anymore. But how can I get that working?
The instructions say to hold the WS2000 button when plugging into the PC. The WS2000 dongle starts to flash orange. What do I do next, press something on my DXS transmitter to bind it to WS2000?
I'm hoping its simple, but can't seem to figure out. I read some references on needing to create a new Acro? (not sure what that is, I'm a noob :) ).
Once I do this binding, I assume later on I can turn on my plane and it will also bind to the plane without needing to re-bind to my plane. I think I read that is how it works where the receiver is what is binding really so 1 DXS transmitter can bind to multiple things.

The instructions say to hold the WS2000 button when plugging into the PC. The WS2000 dongle starts to flash orange. What do I do next, press something on my DXS transmitter to bind it to WS2000?
When the WS2000 is flashing, press and hold the A button on the DXs while you power the DXs. That's how you get the DXs into bind mode. After a few seconds the flashing will stop and then you should be good to go.

I read some references on needing to create a new Acro?
That's for a Spektrum transmitter with an LCD for programming. You could change some programming on your DXs with a USB cable and the Spektrum Programmer software, but you really don't want to do that because then you'll confuse your Cub setup.

Once I do this binding, I assume later on I can turn on my plane and it will also bind to the plane without needing to re-bind to my plane. I think I read that is how it works where the receiver is what is binding really so 1 DXS transmitter can bind to multiple things.
Yes, that is correct. The binding process teaches the receiver the ID of the transmitter it's supposed to listen to. So you can bind the DXs to more than one thing and have it work with all of them.

Keep in mind that your InterLink DX controller is, in a sense, a 15-channel transmitter. Every switch and button on the InterLink DX is connected to a function in RealFlight. That even includes the roller wheel and the reset and cancel buttons. The WS2000 will function like an 8-channel transmitter, so there will be things the InterLink DX can do in RF that "real" field transmitters cannot. Fortunately, there are usually keyboard or mouse equivalents for many of those things.

RF will automatically recognize when the InterLink DX is plugged in and when the WS2000 is plugged in. Don't leave both plugged in all the time, as you want RF to know which one you're using. RF will set up a separate Controller Profile for each one, and then you can calibrate each controller separately as well as tweak any issues you might run into with channel and function mapping with the WS2000.

When the WS2000 is flashing, press and hold the A button on the DXs while you power the DXs. That's how you get the DXs into bind mode. After a few seconds the flashing will stop and then you should be good to go.
Wow that worked, thank you so much!

Thanks for the other info as well. So far seems like most of the main controls I'd want to learn RC flying on are mapped luckily :).

Just curious, Is there a slight lag when using the real life DXs controller with WS2000? or is it the same as using the wired Interlink DX simulator controller.

Back