Ghost Town....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pplace

Looking over the designer's corner and noticed this place has become a ghost town!

Besides Doug's latest build, there hasn't been any real activity from any modelers.....has everyone called it quits, or are they just busy with summer? (It appears it's been quiet around here longer than that though?)

Well, for me... the milder spring has extended my building season. Between all the rain and wind I just cannot get out and fly that often. I'm in the garage building... or cleaning up the mess for whatever I am doing! I just threw out 4 junk planes. Stripped them down to the foam and tossed em to make room for more. They were all not airworthy so I do not feel bad.

RF loading quote of the day:
Loading: Gerfiburlating Wonkevators ( have a screen shot to prove this one).
Not to hijack the thread but I always liked "Tweaking alluvial dampers". Would never have known they needed tweaking... :)

Last edited:
Yeah it is a ghost town here lately. Boof hasn't even logged on in what seems like weeks. and even Jeffpn seems noticeably absent along with Nooner.

I still check the boards from time to time, but I think some personalities here just didn't mix real well. I'm not placing blame, nor am I particularly interested in discussing what to do about it.

Personally, I enjoy most of the people here with the exception of the obviously young ones, and they have the right to be here too.

In addition, there just hasn't been much news from Knife Edge to get people excited.

Also, I have other hobbies too and have gotten very involved in one of them.

I haven't given up on my DC3, but with the boards being what they have been recently, I don't feel very motivated to finish it. I enjoyed the interactions with the other designers and there just hasn't been much of it for a while.

I've restarted my Scale model building kits, so I've been dragged into that, I've got 6 more to to, 1/48 scale kits.. Last time I used Real-Flight was I think, about 9 months ago? I have also been dragged into studies, just getting bombed with work.

I still want to finish my Hs P-75 for Realflight though...

I'm working on a Special Request. I didn't start a build thread because it is actually a modification to one of my existing models. But for those that want to know, I'm taking my Top Flite Gold Edition P-51D and reworking it to the Roto-Finish P-51B of Reno Air Races fame. The model and color scheme are pretty much finished and I'm just re-working the physics.

Attachments

• Image07.jpg
    Image07.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I'm still around from time to time so I haven't called it quits. I've just been really busy with my job since last year and so the little time I have left in the day is spent with family, keeping up my gun hobby to relieve stress, doing modeling for my freelance work which I hardly have time to do as well. :(

My biggest issue is finding the motivation to look at a computer screen even more after spending so much time looking at monitors with my full time job. I really want to get back into modeling all the time, but it is a huge time issue.

Had a great day yesterday with a few local yokels from this area of the internets. Good times and great flying weather! Good to see Doug in the air... even if he did have a "senior" moment ;) Seriously Doug... its always great to see you.

I have learned recently that a few of the talented people have left our forum due to the way the forums have been moderated in the past couple months. Anyone that is been here a while will know who I am talking about so I am not mentioning any names or where I got the information from in the interest of privacy. You know who is missing. I think this is just sad and unfortunate for KE and ultimately the end users. The designer's on this forum are what make this simulator rise up above all the others out there. This sim has the largest base of user created custom content for the people to download for free, and since the forums have been so poorly moderated lately, Several of those people are no longer here.

pretty dead around here

I may start making some new content for RF again.. Doesn't seem like theirs much of an audience though.

The designer's on this forum are what make this simulator rise up above all the others out there. This sim has the largest base of user created custom content for the people to download for free, and since the forums have been so poorly moderated lately, Several of those people are no longer here.

I certainly know that the user created and creatable content was a huge part of why I ended up buying it when I already owned a competitors product.

Personally, a big part of why I enjoyed coming here was the design threads. Likewise, I enjoyed the interaction on my own design threads. That simply isn't here anymore. It is kind of a chicken and egg thing.

Maybe it will kick up again with some new blood. The problem is the learning curve is fierce without old blood to encourage people and show them the ropes. I know I could not have done it.

Anyway, the boards got toxic and this is the result. I'm not placing blame. I will flat out say that I got huge encouragement from one of the people that often is blamed.

I may start making some new content for RF again.. Doesn't seem like theirs much of an audience though.

there are a few of us on here yet that appreciate the work put into the EA's , i look forward to seeing your models , i think i have all of your content myself .

I'm always up to encourage and follow along. I still check in at least once a day... hoping. I just o not have as much time anymore. I'm able to make all the models I want to fly and the ones I do fly... I fly the snot out of so they require maintenance. Seems like I was doing more when I was poorer... hard to imagine but true. When I first came to this forum I was finishing my degrees. Now I am in a position in my company's global headquarters. Life just happens sometimes.

Still checking in to see what's the latest on the forum. Modeling takes time... It's kind of self powered in that as I learn and improve, it provides the push to tackle more details, and as those are learned... For example, had not worked with, or even tried, extruding from and edge until yesterday. Using that helped in some other modeling problem spots.

Appreciate all the help with my questions!

Enjoy a great holiday.

Attachments

• BJF render 1 low res.jpg
    BJF render 1 low res.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Inbox2.jpg
    Inbox2.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot1372271920.jpg
    ScreenShot1372271920.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenShot1372272059.jpg