GPS Fence too small with Carbon Cub RF Trainer Ed

AK Cub Crasher

I've seen comments on how to turn off the GPS fence in RF9 with the Carbon Cub using aircraft editor - that doesn't seem to exist in RF Trainer. Can I turn it off? I don't have the GPS installed on my actual carbon cub and the GPS settings are so tight that a nice landing pattern keeps getting dorked up by the GPS mode.

that doesn't seem to exist in RF Trainer. Can I turn it off? I don't have the GPS installed on my actual carbon cub and the GPS settings are so tight that a nice landing pattern keeps getting dorked up by the GPS mode.
Everything may be turned OFF, or removed (altered), in the aircraft editor. You should be able to disable the fence, or alter its characteristics. The fence needs to be calibrated to line up with the runway (default) and then is setup for a certain number of meters (which may also be edited).

marcus

I would call Horizon Tech Support. The Trainer Edition has many features disabled. They might be able to give you a work around.

No need to spend more until you have tried to use what you have. You don't even know if the hobby is in your blood. I see so many people ditch the hobby in a month.
Good point - This is something I've been wanting to do since I was kid - don't see me dropping it but worth a consideration.

Been thinking about this a bit; honestly, upgrade to the full version of RealFlight9... in the long run, you'll be glad you did.

marcus
On the plus side - the tight restrictions have actually made me better at the approach turn. My home drome has some very tall reasons not to approach turn stall.

Back