Graphics card not able to render 3D images

tgtmontana

I've been running RealFlight 6.5 on an ATI Radeon 3000 graphics card that is "on board" my computer. Since this card is "dated" I decided to install a new graphics card today. It is an XFX - Radeon R7 260 Double D Edition 2GB DDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card.

When the launch page comes up and I click "Run RealFlight", the computer thinks for a while and then pops up a dialog box with the message, "Your video card is not able to render 3D images. If you have a 3D card, make sure that you have the latest driver for the video card. If you need assistance, www.realflight.com/techsupport.html.

My driver is up to date and this card is supposed to have much more capability than the previous card. Any suggestions to remedy the problem will certainly be appreciated.

-Tom

note it says
IF
you have a graphics card
as if the card hasn't even been recognized by your machine an maybe trying to use the motherboard vid......
check to see if its listed in the device manager
sure the card is seated correctly ?...double check all connections

Last edited:
Yup, as the Maj said.

Not to seem over simplistic, but are you SURE your monitor is plugged into your new card and that the on board video is disabled or set to not be the primary in the BIOS settings?

It sounds like the new card is not set to be the primary device.

Also after installing the new drivers did you install DirectX9.0c redistributable? That is MANDATORY any time you add new video drivers.

Back