Grapple

xljedi

After a 2 min attempt at searching the forum, my impatience gets the better of me...

I noticed there was some discussion related to new features that mention a grapple characteristic or tool for helos. (edit: I see now it might've been an upgrade after initial release)

Are there helos in the base or mega-packs that make use of this? ...or is it all DLC based at the moment?

Last edited:
There are no KE that make use of the feature but there are 3 user created models so far. Here is one. Or just pick a model you like and add a grapple to it via the editor.

At the moment, there are no KE-created helis (or airplanes) that are set up with the grapple. It was a last minute addition to the software, and still needs some tweaks. Ask me how I know this! :D

There are a couple helis on the swaps that are set up. You can look into those.

The grapple it self is in the program after the first update. It can be installed in any RF 6 aircraft. There are no ready made lift helis in the program. There are several helis on the swaps and a couple of fields to play around in. Give it a try, it's a hoot.

Cool! I was actually a little disappointed when I didn't see a lift-heli mentioned on the box or included among the KE helos.

Glad to hear/see they put out an update and gave us the new toy! That feature alone is worth the upgrade for me...

Thanks KE

They did a great job on it. Still a few bugs to work out but it's great to be using it while they work them out rather than waiting till it's perfect. A big plus is the fact that it will actually lift inverted if you have the skills to do it. Also it doesn't require a specially made object like the original did. Any dynamic object that is light enough for the heli to lift will work. I do have one installed in the avant aurora if you have the mega pack that's not posted yet.

Last edited:
xljedi said:
Glad to hear/see they put out an update and gave us the new toy! That feature alone is worth the upgrade for me...

Thanks KE

Welcome to the "Dark Side" young Paduwan! :D

Back