Hanger 9 Sundowner

Mapped and need more mapping

Ok

I messed up on the Map and forgot the wheel pants. But it is almost ready.

Do you guys like the metal flake or the plane color ????

Attachments

• SUN-D-09.JPG
    SUN-D-09.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 17
  • SUN-D-10.JPG
    SUN-D-10.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 24
  • SUN-D-11.JPG
    SUN-D-11.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 28
  • SUN-D-12.JPG
    SUN-D-12.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Junkboy999 said:
Ok

I messed up on the Map and forgot the wheel pants. But it is almost ready.

Do you guys like the metal flake or the plane color ????

I like the metal flake, but that's just me. Maybe release it with the stock CS then add the Metal Flake CS as a extra download?

The metal flake in my opinion makes it look like a foamy kind of.

I like both but, i would go with the solid color and go a hair darker. (more marine blue).

You asked, looks great mate.

Attachments

• marineblue.jpg
    marineblue.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I'll see what I can do. Every one monitor has a different game setting so that dark blue on your post looks all most black to me. I took the color off on this picture so it looks close to me. I'd like to make a Photo shop Multi layer master map. One layer will be a blank. Next layer an alpha, Next layer the blue, silver, and yellow area, so people can change the color to there liking with out messing up any other part of the map. I'm not a good photo shop abuser hehehe

Attachments

• SUN-D-13.JPG
    SUN-D-13.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 24
The blue in the pic (highlighted) looks great. The left had side just looks a bit pale to me.

I went to my desktop and my laptop and the highlighted photo is great.

On my computers, the blue on the right looks like a fade. Lighter blue in the center, very cool.

Last edited:
Dr.Moo! said:
I like the metal flake, but that's just me. Maybe release it with the stock CS then add the Metal Flake CS as a extra download?
The Metal Flake. Yeah, yeah! But only if it SPARKLES.

Finally got a good logo for the side of the Sundown. Still need more work but it is getting closer to being finished

Attachments

• SUN-D-14.JPG
    SUN-D-14.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 41
Junkboy999 said:
Finally got a good logo for the side of the Sundown. Still need more work but it is getting closer to being finished
looks like its comming along great! any progress/news on your Sundowner model?

I actually finished it this weekend too, but I'm seeing a problem and the physics is driving me crazy too.

The Canopy is mapped to the alpha channel and under side of the hatch I mapped to the same area. This is causing a know error in Direct X where any thing in between those two area or behind them, if you looking through them will disappears at some angle of view. the pilot blinks in and out :eek: So I need to re-map it.

The physics problem is as soon as you cut the throttle it slow down so fast it is unreal. I seen these plane fly. They come in fast and skip across the runway a few times before going all the way off the runway.

Attachments

• SUN-D-01.JPG
    SUN-D-01.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 24
  • SUN-D-02.JPG
    SUN-D-02.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
The problem with disappearing internal objects behind ~CANOPY materials happend on some of my projects too. You can fix this by changing the material names for the internal objects or the outside objects. I guess the fuselage and all other parts have the ~ALPHA - material ? Try ~SBS for them or the internal pilot figure object and tell me if you have any success with it.

Max

Back