Have G3 installed and G5 upgrade CD won't work?

JEFFRO503

Hey guys....I haven't flown the sim in probably a good 3yrs. About 4yrs ago I had bought a G5 upgrade CD for my original G3 sim software. On my older computer which ran XP pro.....I just installed the new G5 cd and it worked very well

Now.....I can't seem to get it to work. I had installed the G5 ( forgetting it was an upgrade ) and it wouldn't get past the serial # window. So I uninstalled , installed G3 ( which works perfectly ) and then I went to re-install my G5 upgrade....same thing....it gets stuck on the serial code part of the installation.

I have G5 and FIVE other expansion packs on top of it ( A lot of money in sim software! ).......and it won't work. I've tried the whole ( Run as administraitor " thing step by step......but i still can't get past the serial number part of the installation.

I realize there is NO support for G3 and below.....this is why I bought the G5 upgrade. But without this upgrade working.....I'm out a lot of money in this sim until I get it working.

Any help here would be appreciated.

FYI,

The G5 Upgrade and in fact the RF6 and RF7 Upgrade CD's are full stand alone installations of the software, they do not require an older version of the software to be installed on the system first. Just the Correct Serial #'s from the interlink and the Upgrade CD.

Have you tried copying the entire contents of the G5 CD to a folder on your PC and running the setup from there? if you have a problem with doing that, it may be a problem with the CD. Tech support will still assist you with G5 so you may want to give them a call if you still cannot get to the point where you insert your Serial #'s

Thanks CSgill75. I didn't think about just copying the CD in full and putting it into a folder.....that may work. When I get home this evening I will give that a try.

I think I may just buy the R7 upgrade.....but I'm not sure if that will work or not. If my system only recognizes G3.......and not G5............will the upgrade even work?

With this newer Win 7 ultimate 64 I have installed.....this is the first program I have had any issues installing. Not sure why it's not working. Thank you for your advice.

A couple of things.

You ABSOLUTE MUST right click on the setup program on the CD and click on "run as administrator" when you install the program.

You will be prompted for the serial numbers of your Interlink during installation.

You may have not been able to get past the serial number dialog box because you did not elevate the installer's privilages as required.

However this way it should work provided you enter the serial numbers correctly.

Make sure you enter the Zeros and O's correctly as well as the 1's and l's and i's.

Once the installation succeeds, you must then run the launcher the same way as above.

You must right click on the Realflight launcher and again "run as administrator".

Configure and calibrate your Interlink, set your screen resolution then exit immediately.

THEN use the launcher normally WITHOUT the right click, to run the sim.

JEFFRO503, if you're stuck at the serial number prompt, there must be some part of one of the serial numbers that was not entered correctly. RealFlight Technical Support can assist you with this kind of problem.

opjose, it's true that administrator permissions are required for that task, but the .exe will display an error and refuse to run if it detects that it doesn't have them. So if he's making it as far as the serial number entry dialog, it must be okay.

opjose, it's true that administrator permissions are required for that task, but the .exe will display an error and refuse to run if it detects that it doesn't have them. So if he's making it as far as the serial number entry dialog, it must be okay.

Yup on the serial dialog appearing if it has elevated rights.

I'm sure however that I've seen the installer launch and the serial number dialog fail to appear when I forgot to run the setup program with elevated rights, but on the other hand that may have been a fluke.

Back