Having Trouble On Painting Planes

ARELL

Can Some One Help Me Step By Step On How To Paint A Plane On G3.5 ? I Have Tryed To Follow The Instuctions On Here And Not Got Any Results, If You Cant Explian On Here I Will Give My Phone # Or E Mail With Is Ever Better For You To Explian , Thank You Very Much , Arell

ok

First thing you do is to click on the G3.5 icon and turn on the sim.

Next pick a plane or heli you want to change the color scheme on, you may have more than one CS on that airplane, so look for the CS that most looks like the one you want to create. Make sure you have that CS selected on the plane.

Click on AIRCRAFT at the top left of the RF sim screen, on the WHITE BAR, then click on SAVE COLOR SCHEME AS.

Rename the CS to what you want, then press OK. now click on SELECT COLOR SCHEME and chose the CS name that you just named. This will create a DDS file for that CS.

now all you have to do, is open your RealFlight G3.5 folder and look for the CS in the COLORSCHEME folder. There will 3 files with that same name on it, the COLORSCHEME, DDS, and TGA, you will want to open the TGA file with a paint program, like Gimp or anyone that can change TGA's. Gimp is a FREE download and works well.

Color the CS page the way you want, and click FILE and SAVE AS and SAVE UNCOMPRESSED, now just go into RF and click on the CS with the same name. and you should see a white box with DDS on it. That means that the CS you just made, is being put on the plane or heli. Congrats you just made your first CS.

Make sure you check out the thread I started called Gimp Users Guide to Color Scheme on G3.5 forum. It has good tips to help you create great CS's.

Last edited:
Back