Heli setup

"flyable, but just barely" is vague. can we get more info.

Is it....
  • very touchy(breathe on the sticks and it is out of control)
  • not responsive( half second late on max input and rapid unplanned disassembly)
  • gyros going nuts (flutter, bounce, etc.)
  • no power when it should have no much
  • or something else

ok, reasonable response. The aircraft is modeled after an actual aircraft. the model has an extremely touch tail rotor control, just a little movement and the tail whips around, the cyclic inputs are also too responsive. I am not that familiar with rates, so maybe I need to reduce them?

ok, reasonable response. The aircraft is modeled after an actual aircraft. the model has an extremely touch tail rotor control, just a little movement and the tail whips around, the cyclic inputs are also too responsive. I am not that familiar with rates, so maybe I need to reduce them?

sorry for the late reply. I'm going to assume the rotor speed and throws are accurate. but the gyro is what controls the rates upto max deflection on the throws.

In the electronics section are you using an electronic flybar, Gyro(1-3), one of the flight controllers, or none of them
2023-12-15 02_18_36-Aircraft Editor - Mil Mi-24 Hind Turbine.png
I would recommend the electronic flybar or three gyros. the flight controllers are over my head and choosing a direct pass through (input-servo-rotor no gyro) is almost uncontrollable.

The gyro and flybar are similar use gain, heading hold, and rotation rate but an electronic flybar give you piro compensation and gyros allow access to variable gyro gain. the flight controllers are a bit alien to me.

Back