Helicopter Blur Disc bug

mwilson914

I've noticed I can really see the blur disc in Realflight 6 and I thought maybe it's something I did wrong on my model, but then I went back to G5 and I don't see the blur disc, only blurred parts as it should be.

These two models look different, but they are exactly the same on the rotor heads.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1321001988.jpg
    ScreenShot1321001988.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 41
  • ScreenShot1321002052.jpg
    ScreenShot1321002052.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 42
ERRR. I take that back. I'm not sure what is going on here since I didn't touch the rotor head on the green version. The gray version here is exactly the same model as the orange one from the previous post. I'll look at my model files again to see if something got messed up some how.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1321002341.jpg
    ScreenShot1321002341.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 23
I don't see any differences at all with the main and tail rotor setups on my models, so I didn't change anything there. I don't know why the green version is showing the blur disc itself.

mwilson914 said:
I don't see any differences at all with the main and tail rotor setups on my models, so I didn't change anything there. I don't know why the green version is showing the blur disc itself.
I did a little. :eek:

Matt, best I can tell, the tail blur disc on the EA you sent me is like your screen shot. I have made a change to the tail rotor gear ratio on my latest AV because I increased the head speed some but it still looks the same. If you recall we had to make major changes in head speed to the original model for RF 6. It wouldn't even fly. I wouldn't think changing head speeds would break the blur discs though.

Last edited:
After some review.....on the Tarhe it appears that the tail rotor hub is the problem. At least that is what is standing out as it blurs.

Check the UVs on the blur disk geometry, and examine each colorscheme's diffuse texture at the point where the blur geometry is mapped to.

As of RF6, that geometry is actually textured, instead of being a solid (hard-coded) color.

Zach Brockway said:
Check the UVs on the blur disk geometry, and examine each colorscheme's diffuse texture at the point where the blur geometry is mapped to.

As of RF6, that geometry is actually textured, instead of being a solid (hard-coded) color.

That is good information to know. I'm still confused as to why the previous version of the Sky Crane with the water tank doesn't show the same issue. I wonder if it could be something to do with it was imported in G5.5 first then that export was imported into G6. I'm not sure if that is logical at all, but who knows.

I'll try mapping the blur disks and see if that solves my problem. Thanks for the info Zach.

This is very strange to me, but I can see how this could be a positive for noticing things in the blur disk now that it accepts mapping.

Here I have the exact same model which was freshly exported from Max a few minutes ago. I imported the exact same .kex into each version 6 and G5.5 and here are the results. I made the mainouterhub red, and the tailouterhub yellow.

So, I imagine if I imported into G5.5 first then exported the EA, I could import into RF6 with the blur disk not showing up like that. This would be the case for my Erickson Air Crane with the water tank.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1321042601.jpg
    ScreenShot1321042601.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenShot1321042770.jpg
    ScreenShot1321042770.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 12
So I could put my face on the main .tga and have it show up on the blur disk if I wanted to. NICE!

Attachments

• ScreenShot1321044049.jpg
    ScreenShot1321044049.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 15
phrank said:
I'm thinking holographic sticker effects. :D
Here we go!

Now that would be cool. You could probably make use of the Alpha channel and make it so you can't see the blur disk out to where the stickers would be on the tips of the blades.

I might have to re-visit the Gaui Hurricane 550 phrank! Thanks a lot.

I left the LHS kicking and screaming with 6 in hand.

Now, yall gonna force me to come out of retirement? ;) ;)

I am a terrible poker player. :p

Back