Help Please realflight 9.5s

KTMflyguy

I'm having a delay issue from the transmitter to the airplanes on screen. The delay or lag is over one second, making it very difficult to fly . And I bought it so my grandkids could learn to fly all my old RC airplanes. My computer has more than what realflight 9.5s says is recommended. I do have a AMD Radeon R7 450 graphics card. Someone told me that realflight stopped supporting AMD. And some else said it could be my USB ports . I can't even talk to anyone from horizon hobby tech support. Not by phone or online or email . I have spent 16 hours trying over last 2 days and still no help . Even had Amazon call Germany horizon hobby. Same thing no answer no help . So please if anyone reads this šŸ™ and have some knowledge or know someone that can help , please get back to me . Thank you

Attachments

• 20221026_121042.jpg
    20221026_121042.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
I'm having the exact same issues with a brand new, high tech graphics oriented laptop - no help from anyone at HH or Spektrum, can't even talk to a human anymore and Hobbytown refuses to refund my $199 purchase.

I feel your frustration. I may have good news for you . A good friend of mine suggested that I right click thr RF start up button and if you have it pinned to your Taskbar, right click the Upper RF button and you will see > run as administrator click on that . It help mine , it was better than it was . ... what CPU is in your computer? maybe together we can figure this out . And help all those other frustrated people out there that are in the same boat . My friend is very smart at figuring out stuff . He is the one who told me that you commented , so i thought i would answer you ASAP ... his name is Mario , if you read this Mario, thank you šŸ˜Š anyway I hope this helps . Let me know

What was shown in the first post screen shot was NOT about the AMD graphics card, but separate information about the USB controllers, which are totally different.
It is not that RealFlight as stopped supporting AMD, but that AMD stopped supporting the older graphics software that RealFlight is dependent on. See the posts near the top about this in the News and Announcements section. Almost all of the issues involve not being able to fully start and run the software, not slowness in the controller response. The fix involves using very new graphics drivers from Raedon. Unknown to me if the card mentioned in the first post can be updated with those drivers or not...but it doesn't sound from the symptoms like is needed to be done, and doing it may make things worse, if not approved by Raedon for the card. Reserve trying that as a very last thing, and make sure you know how to get back to what you currently have before trying.

The "run as administrator" tip is always good, and safe.

To help, we need more information:
Version of Windows.
Is this version of RF installed from discs, or downloaded from Steam?
What controller - if a RealFlight interlink, what kind (from the label on the front). If a "real" radio, what kind?
Are you running Antivirus or Malware protection software - if so, what brand and version? Have you tried temporarily disabling it, to see if the connection speeds up?
Have you tried different USB ports on the computer? Some may be running different versions of USB than others.
Have you tried a new USB cable, if that is possible?
Can you get/borrow a powered USB hub and give that a try? Some systems have trouble supplying enough power to the controller over their normal connectors.
Are you SURE the video is being sent via the "good" graphics card? Some PC's (my newer laptop, for example) was only advertised as having Nvidia graphics...but actually came with that AND built in Intel graphics processing on the motherboard. Out of the box, it only used the very poor Intel. I had to disable that, to ensure I was using the high performance card. Yours might have something similar - and if the system is really struggling with trying to process the graphics, that could lead to slowness for other things - like the controllers.

Excellent information from @Flapper.
You could also try Pressing the number 1 on the keyboard to bring up the NavGuides box and let us know what frame rates you have.
If you click on the "Simulation " tab (top left corner of the screen) scroll down to "Settings", click on plus sign next to "Graphics" and select "Hardware" to see what video adaptor RF is using and maybe even try lowering the screen resolution to see if that helps.

Attachments

• NavGuides.jpg
    NavGuides.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Graphics-1.jpg
    Graphics-1.jpg
    476 KB · Views: 6
Thank you all for taking time to help me . I think I'm going to just purchase a new gaming computer. Rather than putting money into a 10 year old computer. I could use some suggestions on what gaming computers are the best value for the money investment. I know from this experience I don't want anything with AMD .... I have been doing some research on new computers and realized I'm going to spend at least $1500 to $2000 . And I'm going to go look at different monitors too . 32 inch is what my desk will fit . Because of the cabinets spacing . I feel a bit overwhelmed right now , because I'm so ignorant about the new technology. So I'm asking for help and researching from YouTube to get a better understanding. Seems like everyone has a different opinion.

Before going and to buy new computer buy 3.0 power UBS hub and fit it between DX and computer. It that does not fix the problem consider then if necessary new computer. I have had freezing problems with DX sticks which solved with that 3.0 Power UBS hub

I think it's been verified that either a powered or unpowered hub will fix the problem. It seems to be a timing problem rather than a power problem. I hate to say it, but I think it ultimately points to a design or firmware problem with the InterLink controllers. And even a cheap USB hub seems to be an appropriate way to work around the problem. I haven't been able to test a DX controller, but my X & Elite controllers draw MUCH less power (about .03A) than a USB controller that can supply .5A or .9A. I'd be surprised if the DX draws much more power than the ones I have.

If laptop is not able to provide enough voltage via USB port DX will stall. The hub I bought have power input: 5V DC and everything works now fine.

If laptop is not able to provide enough voltage via USB port DX will stall. The hub I bought have power input: 5V DC and everything works now fine.
I have to argue with that. The fix is correct, but the reason it works is not. The fact that it's a laptop doesn't matter. A laptop's USB ports have the same specs as a desktop. But it DOES seem to be true that newer laptop chipsets are more likely to have the problem. Ryan has confirmed that it is definitely NOT a power problem. The hub does not NEED to be powered. Even the cheapest hub you can find (or already have laying around) should work.

We're working on the issue. We know that some computers will not work with recent InterLink DX devices. In those situations, connecting through a USB hub has corrected the issue in all known cases. It is not a power issue, and the hub does not need to be powered. I don't believe USB version is a factor.

Last edited:
The fact is that my Levono (year old) did not work correctly with DX when USB port was non powered and I do not know is 2.0 or 3.0 cannot see,
it did stall, but now when I fitted 3.0 powered USB hub it is working, so it is difficult to accept when it is said that the problem is not a power related problem and no other reason however has been brought up.
Ok it may be so that some lap tops has too low capasity USB port and some does not but DX does need enough power and the fact is the problem has been cured at least in my laptop by fitting powered 3.0 USB hub, so why not to give a try? It is much cheaper solution than to go for newer computer especially when the real reason has not been searched out and a newer modern computer may not even work with DX. If it does not help then the reason for problems layes somewhere else and that is RF to tell where to.

Nearly all posts apply to pretty much all versions of RF - especially when the versions are close to each other. It was posted in the RF9 forum which was then (I think) the current version of RF. The fact that there are now newer versions of RF doesn't negate its usefulness. The MB does not and should not duplicate all the posts that are still true from earlier versions in the new versions' forums. The speculation in early posts was that it's a power issue. But it's been PROVEN that that speculation was not correct. If you need a powered hub for other reasons, buy one. But why waste your money on a powered hub when a cheap unpowered hub will also fix the problem?

But it did not, unpowered UBS hub did not do the job and now 25USD 3.0 powered UBS Hub does in my RF 9.5S. I think it was a good deal. No one has been able to give me reason why DX sticks did not relay commands to aircrafts. Now sticks work and I can enjoy flying. Sorry, I only proposed an alternative solution based on my experience.

AFAIK, that is the first report of an unpowered hub not working when a powered one did. It sounds like you may have had a different problem. There's a difference between "My PC doesn't recognize my controller" and "My controller stops working after I've been using it for a while" or "My controller responds slowly." and I apparently didn't pick up on that difference. I apologize. I'm glad that a powered hub did fix your problem.

Back