Help R8 knifedge cant download models

Louis D

At one time everything was working fine
I recently had to reboot my computer
And now when I tried to download an aircraft
It says I have an app missing
It has nowhere to place the rxf files
I lost somewhere something on route
To download in order to have a place to put the files in on my computer something that happens automatically on Windows 10
Thu
Louis

I'm pretty sure Windows prevents downloading to the Program Files folders to protect against malware. That may explain your problem, as suggested by asj5547.
What to do....
Once by downloaded folder from there it does not know where to go
It will ask me what app to open this file
Rxf or whatever you're called once downloaded
Thu

DON'T select an app... just download the file - probably into the c:\users\(you)\download directory. Then open RF & click on simulation...import...realflight archive. Navigate to your download directory & select the file you just downloaded.

I'm not so sure about that. Windows automatically handles a lot of file types, choosing the correct program to process the downloaded file. Why not .rfx? It makes logical "Windows" sense that using RF to open a downloaded aircraft file should automatically import it, just like using Adobe to open a downloaded pdf, or Word to open a downloaded doc, etc.

Ok, thanks I understand now how to do it but coping EA and inserted it, response was: could not find contents file in index(1). Import failed.
Does this means model file which produced in 2014 does not exist anymore to download?

Back