Help!!!! Realflight evo

Wyldlyfe

My son has really started to enjoy flying planes so we got Realflight evolution. A friend had an older hop laptop with windows 8.1 installed so we downloaded steam, downloaded the game buuuuutttt- it downloads almost all the way, then go to verify- then pauses. Nothing we have done lets us play but the screen sits on pause. What in the world do I need to do? Tried updating everything and still nothing. Restarted a few times, uninstalled and reinstalled- I can’t get it to work.

Have you checked to make sure the laptop has the necessary memory and disk space?
Minimum Recommended System*
  • Windows® 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10**
  • Intel® Pentium® 1.0GHz or equivalent
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 10 GB Hard Drive Space
  • DVD Drive
  • 3D Accelerated Video with:
    • 32 MB Dedicated Video Memory
    • Fully DirectX® 9 compliant (Shader Model 2.0 or better)
  • Spektrum® InterLink® DX Simulator Controller, a Spektrum wireless simulator dongle plus a compatible DSM2/DSMX equipped transmitter, a RealFlight® compatible controller, or other compatible Gamepad/Joystick
  • Online Activation Required
  • Internet connectivity required for activation** and to download additional content and updates

@Wyldlyfe, did you get this working? If so, can you report back with what you did?

I've never heard of anything like that. I presume clicking Resume did nothing?

Do you have adequate available free space on your disk? As I understand it Steam preallocates the space it requires on disk before it begins downloading the application, so I wouldn't expect that to be a problem, but it's worth checking.

Oh, I have an idea... I suspect it has prompted you to provide administrator permission/credentials in order to complete the installation process, but for some reason that message is not in the foreground where you can see it. Try clicking the orange Steam icon in your task bar and/or minimizing the Steam client to look behind it.
Steam elevation prompt.png

If you continue experiencing that issue, please contact Steam support. We can try to help depending on what we see and we definitely want to get you going, but ultimately that is a Steam issue and not actually related to our software.

Back