Helpful videos for RealFlight Evolution

Jeremy Babbar-Sebens

Administrator
Staff member
To help folks learn their way around RF Evo, I'm recording videos and posting them to YouTube. They mostly fall into two categories:
  • How to do something that folks have asked about
  • Cool new content and other stuff that we've added to this version of RealFlight
How-to videos:
How to set up your flight scenario using your controller
Four ways to change aircraft or airport
Making basic edits to an aircraft

Cool new stuff videos:
New Helicopters
New Airplanes Part 1
New Airplanes Part 2
New Airplanes Part 3
New Airplanes Part 4

I'll keep updating this post with new videos, as well as announcing them in the thread as they get added.

Last edited:
To help folks learn their way around RF Evo, I'm recording videos and posting them to YouTube. They mostly fall into two categories:
  • Cool new content and other stuff that we've added to this version of RealFlight
How-to videos:
How to edit an aircraft

Cool new stuff videos:
New Helicopters
New Airplanes Part 1
New Airplanes Part 2
New Airplanes Part 3
New Airplanes Part 4

I'll keep updating this post with new videos, as well as announcing them in the thread as they get added.
@Jeremy Babbar-Sebens it appears that the 'how to edit an aircraft' video may not have correctly uploaded to YouTube- it stops at 1:38.
The other videos are great! Thanks for the effort on these.

- Barton

Im an absolute newbie to Realflight Evolution, wondering if there are any tutorials on creating your own photo realistic airports? How to take panorama shots etc.

How-to videos:

Cool new stuff videos:
New Helicopters
New Airplanes Part 1
New Airplanes Part 2
New Airplanes Part 3
New Airplanes Part 4

I watched your video on accessing the editor menus. It was a BIG help, I still have to practice importing models. My first attempt went wrong, then I noticed RF Evo menu asks you to choose the parameters of an existing plane to use. OOPS! Try again.

How-to videos:

Cool new stuff videos:
New Helicopters
New Airplanes Part 1
New Airplanes Part 2
New Airplanes Part 3
New Airplanes Part 4

what location does the new RF Evo save color schemes to? Do I have to create a save color scheme to access color schemes I have created in RF9?

If you are being asked for model parameters to use during import you are using the wrong import type, make sure to select .rfx, .g3x files when importing swap page models

Absolute Newb here. In Realflight Evolution to get out of the initial screen you mention "hit the cancel button".
Please confirm what button you are referring to.

Absolute Newb here. In Realflight Evolution to get out of the initial screen you mention "hit the cancel button".
Please confirm what button you are referring to.
That would be the button on the InterLink DX that says "Cancel" on it. Alternately, you can press Esc on the keyboard.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using a DXS tx, what is the Interlink DX? The ESC on the keyboard doesn't provide any action. I've watched your Youtube's and thanks for them, I just cant get to the main menu

The Interlink DX is the controller that comes with the Realflight software.
Can you post a screenshot of the page you are stuck on?
The Esc key should bring up the main menu.

Attachments

• RFL2000_A0_XTGZPSIY.jpg
    RFL2000_A0_XTGZPSIY.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 4
Another newb here. Just installed Evo and am trying to run with the DX controller. When RF launches, I briefly see pull down menu's at the top of the window but after about 1 sec, a full window image covers them up. I have tried Esc as well as the Cancel button on DX. No luck with anything so far. Any help appreciated.

Try pressing the Tilde key ~ if the Console open then type "showlegacymenu" (Less quotes) and press Enter, next press Tilde key again to hide the Console.
The menu bar should now be visible.

IF the console does not display then.
Browse to; C:\Users\Yourusername\Documents\Realflight Evolution\Scripts\.
Now double click on the startup.rfscript file and type
// showlegacymenu
Click on File (top left corner) and click on Save.
Restart RF Evolution.
When RFE starts I usually just press the Esc key the make the text in the menu's turn to bold text, now you should be able to enjoy RFE.

What are your computer specs.? CPU?

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back. The tilde key did not invoke the console.

I found the startup.rfscrript file but when I double click it, windows is asking what app I want to use to open it.

I am running windows11 - updated yesterday - on an ASUS i7 laptop with Gforce RTX

Thanks for getting back. The tilde key did not invoke the console.

I found the startup.rfscrript file but when I double click it, windows is asking what app I want to use to open it.

I am running windows11 - updated yesterday - on an ASUS i7 laptop with Gforce RTX
Your laptop may not be using the Gforce RTX there is a way to force a laptop to use the add-in graphics instead of the CPU graphics so do a search and see if you can find it. I'm not a laptop user so I can't help.

Back