Helpful videos for RealFlight Evolution

To see if your laptop is using the NVidia card, open the Nvidia Control panel, look at attached pictures and let us know what is displayed.

Attachments

• Nvidia-1.jpg
    Nvidia-1.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Nvidia-2.jpg
    Nvidia-2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 17
OK - adding " showlegacymenu" to the script uncovered the menu's at the top.

And, this is a new laptop so I found out the GPU hadn't been configured. Once I did that, everything seems to work.

Now I just need to learn to fly.

Thanks to you both!

If you do not need the menus at the top of the screen, simply press the Tilde key ~ to open the Console (it should work now) and type "showlegacymenu" and hit Enter, (that command will show or hide the menu bar) then press the Tilde key again to close the Console.
To open the new style menu, press the Esc key or the Cancel button on the DX controller.
Enjoy the Simulator.

Thanks - got it. Can you direct me to a list of console commands? After I get a bit more familiar it may be an easier way to setup my own scenarios. Sure don't need it now --- just starting the basic training.

Another console command is "help", which lists all of the commands with a short description of each.

Then you can also type "help" followed by a space and the name of another command for more information about that command.

Just to chime in the ESC key does nothing for me either. I will try using the notepad to change things.
When we say the new menu do we mean a new written menu with different info or are we just talking about the old menu in the new Evolution with the same info but a different way of accessing it? Thanks

Back