HobbyZone Sport Cub S

brields

I was ecstatic when I saw the HobbyZone Sport Cub S was in Realflight 9 as I have one in real life but oh boy did they butcher it. It Flies way to snappy and quick. So, I'm rebuilding the physics for it.

Last edited:
Wing rework complete:

Consisting of reworking Dihedrals and adding additional segments as needed to advance the physics rendering. I also changed airfoils to match the real one, changing Incidence, and washout.

The benefit is that now the plane behaves less like a plank and more like the refined model that it is. It also has a more realistic drag model and no longer snaps around in maneuvers.

The IRL plane tends to be really laggy even in high rates. It flies a lot like a falling leave and that's the feel I'm going for hear. Flying it is really easy and almost lazy. but it's easy to take off and land. The one thing I've noticed is when flying it even in expert mode it does NOT like to roll over.

Attachments

• 0jeiNK5.png
    0jeiNK5.png
    333.4 KB · Views: 14
Power plant:
Engine replaced with The Hline Micro 4 that the IRL plane is powered by. (at least that's the one mine came with)

And I put the HBZ 4429 in that I made to specs of the 150.

Now the plane is slower, but still light on it's wings.

The prop was way to big so I shaved off 2 tenths of an inch.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have managed to edit the stock model to your liking. I think that's great.

Sounds like a winner. Would you kindly put it on the RF9 swap page, I'd like to have it?
Ray

Sounds like a winner. Would you kindly put it on the RF9 swap page, I'd like to have it?
Ray
I most definitely will and I'd like Sir Ryan Douglas to have a look at possibly updating it into the game but first I need to record the engine.

Back