How do I change resolution?

kireol

I just purchased the game. Everything is running. Everything is fun. Except the 8 bit Nintendo resolution.

I'm running it on a 4K 70" tv. Windows resolution is set to 3840 x 2160. I'm running on an Nvidia RTX 2080. Other games are working just fine. Most of RF looks just fine. But the model is very blocky.

RF is set to highest graphics. I've looked in the modern menu and switched to legacy where older posts say you could change the resolution. There's no resolution in evolution/most current version, that I can find anywhere.

It's so bad, I'm expecting to see Mario from NES pop out.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 6.46.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 6.46.51 PM.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 18
The latest version has (we were told) temporarily removed the option to change resolution. Likely to reduce the workload as they had more than enough to do to move everything into DX11. For now, it defaults to Windows native resolution. So on mine, running 4K on a 32" monitor, it looks fine. Mind, there is no improvement moving to resolutions above 1440. It's just not (yet anyway) a 4K program.

Others running RF through a TV will have to chime in, as I've never played with that before. But I suspect a mismatch between RF's "real" resolution, your current Windows display setting, and how your TV handles upscaling.....

You might want to try with a Win resolution of 1440, or even 1080, to see if it behaves better on the TV. If so, setting up a second display used just for RF may be something to investigate.

I, too, am running at 4K, and it doesn't look like that for me. Here's what I see--on Medium graphics quality, no less.
1701717226088.png

I've attached a full-size image of my RF window as well.

Is your Windows display scaling set to something other than 100%?

Attachments

• RF Evo 4K.png
    RF Evo 4K.png
    8.3 MB · Views: 16
I had the trainer version and it looked ok then I upgraded to evo and it looks really bad
what is windows display scaling?

Last edited:
I, too, am running at 4K, and it doesn't look like that for me. Here's what I see--on Medium graphics quality, no less.
View attachment 137000

I've attached a full-size image of my RF window as well.

Is your Windows display scaling set to something other than 100%?
That's it (mostly). I also went in to my video card settings and forced some anti aliasing. But what you said was mostly it. Mine was set to 300% for some reason, but only on my tv. When plugged into my 32" 4K monitor, it was fine.

Thank you

Excellent! Thank you both for reporting back, and I'm glad that helped.

Ultimately we'd like to better interact with Windows display scaling, but at this time it can cause problems, as you experienced.

Back