How do I get the free Evolution update on Steam?

philmoz

Evolution is now available on Steam; but I'm not seeing the free upgrade option - any ideas on how to get this?

The only updates it's offering me is from the trainer edition, or from 9.5, at a reduced price.

I have purchased both the trainer edition and the full 9.5S product on Steam.

If you have purchased 9.5S, RealFlight Evolution will automatically appear in your Steam library, no purchase or upgrade of any kind required. All you should have to do is click install!

If you have purchased 9.5S, RealFlight Evolution will automatically appear in your Steam library, no purchase or upgrade of any kind required. All you should have to do is click install!
Same for me, I have the trainer version + the 9.5s steam version, and at the moment I don't have the new "evolution" version in my inventory. There are only buy buttons.
Do we have to wait a few days before we have it in our inventory?

@philmoz, I probably misunderstood your original post. I interpreted it as you saying you had bought the full version of 9.5S as a standalone purchase, and I almost asked why you didn't choose the discounted upgrade option. But I think that is exactly what you did.

Due to an oversight the upgrade did not grant the free copy of Evolution right away, but that has now been fixed, as Maxou L'Caribou has shown. Please check again and let us know what you see.

Thanks Ryan. Still not showing in my Steam library yet. Will wait a while and see if it pops up.

Yes, I bought the trainer edition, then 9.5S at the upgrade price (from the trainer edition).

Been a few hours now and still no Evolution in the Steam library - looks like it's only recognising that I have the trainer edition. Any ideas?

Last edited:
It is my understanding that for everybody eligible it showed up right away, without requiring a Steam restart or anything. If you haven't already done that, though, you could try fully exiting Steam (using the icon in the Windows system tray or selecting Exit from the menu; simply clicking the 'X' to close the dialog still leaves it running in the background) and restarting it.

Is it possible you bought the upgrade to 9.5 before 9.5S was released? Do you have the email receipt from Steam that you can refer to?

I definitely bought 9.5S directly from Steam.
I have an email receipt from Steam for the purchase of 9.5S as the 'Upgrade from RealFlight Trainer Edition'.
I also have the receipt for the purchase of the Trainer Edition.'

I have restarted both Steam and the computer multiple times.

OK, I'm glad you still had that handy to refer to for confirmation. I'm going to send you a follow-up question via private message.

I own 9.5S and don't have the free evolution upgrade in my steam account. I have tried all the above to no avail. What do I do now?

Back