How does one put dual rates (aileron, elevator, rudder) on ONE switch on Interlink DX controller?

Bartontb

For the DX controller, the default configuration is one rate per switch. I prefer the rates for all control surfaces to be on one switch (yeah, I'm a relative newbie to RC flying). I have not found a way for the configuration menu for the DX controller does not allow this setup. Please enlighten me if it is possible.

I understand that by editing a plane profile that this should be possible (another learning curve for me) but I don't want to have to do this for each plane - I want a standard controller configuration.

Thanks.

Last edited:
For the DX controller, the default configuration is one rate per switch. I prefer the rates for all control surfaces to be on one switch (yeah, I'm a relative newbie to RC flying). I have not found a way for the configuration menu for the DX controller does not allow this setup. Please enlighten me if it is possible.

I understand that by editing a plane profile that this should be possible (another learning curve for me) but I don't want to have to do this for each plane - I want a standard controller configuration.

Thanks.
OK, I have gone through the learning curve for programming a plane profile and demonstrated to myself that it is possible to put all rates on one switch for the DX controller.

It would still be nice to know if it is possible to set this configuration up in the DX controller rather than having to program each plane...

The vast majority of stock aircraft in the simulator are already set up for all rates on a single switch (switch C). Only the ones with (InterLink DX) after the name are set up for individually-switched rates (and in some cases, triple rates).

You shouldn’t need to do anything to have single-switch rates for the rest.

The vast majority of stock aircraft in the simulator are already set up for all rates on a single switch (switch C). Only the ones with (InterLink DX) after the name are set up for individually-switched rates (and in some cases, triple rates).

You shouldn’t need to do anything to have single-switch rates for the rest.
Is the only difference between between stock aircraft with names differing only with Interlink DX is that the Interlink DX models have triple rate switches? Anything else different? Thanks!

The InterLink DX variants were added to take advantage of the additional switches available on the InterLink DX without breaking things for users who don't have one. It turns out those variants add the very thing you're trying to avoid! 😅 Yes, the only difference versus the standard variants is splitting the rates onto separate switches for those who desire that. That, and the "Hangar 9 P-51D Mustang 20cc (InterLink DX)" specifically has triple rates, also on separate switches.

As Jeremy said, other than the "(InterLink DX)" variants which are exceptions to the rule, the standard in RealFlight is for rates for all channels to be controlled by a single switch. So you can just load the non-InterLink DX variant in each case.

For anyone curious, a complete list of those variants exists here.

@Ryan Douglas Thank you. My luck, the only aircraft on the variant list that I have was the Viper 70 and it was the first plane I tried after I got the DX controller :D. Thank you for the detailed response.

Back