How to convert recordings

Yep, FRAPs it is.
Use Windows Movie Maker or similar editor to convert to Utube compatible upload.

:D I knew that :D

You see, I always crack up when I see a subject line that starts with:
"How to ..(insert help item here).."
This implies an instructional thread.
As opposed to a thread that starts with:
"How do I ..(insert help item here)..?
Now we all know this is indeed a help request.

The body of the help request was the punch line, had me smiling for a while.

Had to be there, sorry... :p

opjose said:
Upper left corner click on "User CP".

At least that subject line steered us toward the topic. I like it when people use "problem" as their subject line. Problem? No kidding, they're all problems here!!

No Free Lunch

All this time, I thought FRAPS was free shareware... free trial version records only 30 seconds and puts a watermark on your video... My sound is dropping out about 10 seconds into the vid.

Full Version is $37.00 Seems a bit on the pricey side for what it does.

On the Plus side -- it seems to do a good job of the video.

I have Snagit already... which is another video screen grabber program... it does not do as nice of a job on the video.. could be my setup. Good on the sound.

You're responding to a 4 1/2 year old thread (and I guess I am too!). There are a number of later discussions about this on this board, but yes, you essentially make a recording in RF, load FRAPS (free), play back the recording in RF and capture using FRAPS. It generates a huge AVI file. Take that into a video editor such as Windows Movie Maker (free), edit, add voice over, music, what have you, and save in a compressed format. Now you can play it outside of RF or load it up to YouTube and share it with the world.

Back