How to copy a physics model to another graphical model?

gobbleDgook

I created a physics model for a custom plane I've been working on. I modeled it starting with a standard G3.5 plane but I want to try it as a tail-dragger instead of tricycle gear. So I need to copy/ paste the whole physics model to another standard G3.5 model. Any way to do that? I thought I saw a post about directly editing the text file (in Notepad etc) for a user/ custom plane to change the graphics model assigned to it? I can't find that post now.

It's quite pathetic that there aren't basic copy and paste functions in the editor. One should be able to save/ load any type of custom component (e.g. a wing with ailerons, flaps and gear) to/ from a user library. Have they added this since 3.5?

You are never "saving or loading" any components.

A physics definition is merely a text file containing the object layout. The objects themselves are part of the KEX file.

You can do what you want with the notepad.

Hint: Look for the [MAIN] section and things will be more obvious.

OK.... so I found the "*.plnG3" files in the planes folder. And I open that and see the physics model structure. Under [Main] there's this:
BasedOn=o:\rfv3\image\planes\Simple Flier.bse

That's the link to the graphics model. So I just changed it to
BasedOn=o:\rfv3\image\planes\E3D.bse
The available planes are in the RealFlight.ini file under [ChosenVariations].

Nope it's simpler than that.

Go to the plane that has the physics you want to move to another plane.

EXPORT the AV under a new name...

Call it Exported_plane_xxx.av or whatever

Go to the plane that has the physics you want to imported to.

Export it's AV under a new name... e.g. IMPORTED_plane_xxx.av

Now open the IMPORTED_plane_xxx file and copy everything under [MAIN] until the next heading ( the headings always begin with brackets [ ] )

Edit the Exported_plane_xxx file and replace everything in [MAIN] with what you copied.

Save and load the "Exported_plane_xxx" physics.

Done.

Well I KNOW he speaks English, so a translator is not an issue.

I wonder why all of his posts do not follow the thread's thought line and seem to be non-sensical?

Could he be a "bot"?

I'm pretty sure he's giving some time to get several posts in different threads. Then he'll change his signature to whatever it is he's selling.

Back