How-to CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow

I cant believe this thread is still alive. Im glad to see people are getting helped by the guru's though. Thanks Junkboy, Herc, and Opjose for helping while i've been learning more techniques to share while attending my 3Dmodeling program at A.I.

Cheers and thanks.

In G3 the colorschemes are in the

C:\Program Files\RealflightG3\Colorschemes folder.

In G4 the colorschems are in

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\RealFlight G4\Vehicles\ColorSchemes

help

i went to program files then to real flight then to coler scheems got the plane tga i wanted brought it to vuepro .32 converted it to .bmp then was able to use win. paint finished painting then converted it back to .tga then went to real flight it did the dds thing but plane is all liney.... do you know what i did wrong??? help ,want to get this pby 5-a new coler scheem in the air.. thanks i tried gimp 2.6 it comes up in there fin in .tga and .bmp Thank for the help on this one ......

Last edited:
ya when you save the .tga make sure you save it as un-compressed in the options otherwise it will look like the worst "emergency broadcast test" thing you see on tv. just a bunch of squashed pinstrips.....

hope that helps

opjose said:
In G3 the colorschemes are in the

In G4 the colorschems are in

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\RealFlight G4\Vehicles\ColorSchemes

Same with G5 :) My Gimp won't work so now I'm trying Corel, I have quite a few colour schemes I've been wanting to do so be looking!

https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=24990

I've been working with manual normal map creating using Photoshop CS4 because the plug-ins don't work on my system. I'll be updating my tutorial with screenshots and also will attach some RFX or ZIP files to the thread. My procedure turned out an amazing final result last night for me. I've put in so many hours tyring to figure this thing out and still can't believe my end result came out the way it did.

windows

i figured out how to paint with gimp.......i have a window on a plane i want to remove,,,,,,,its not shown on the fuselage in the gimp veiw......??????? cant i change that?

edmoor said:
i figured out how to paint with gimp.......i have a window on a plane i want to remove,,,,,,,its not shown on the fuselage in the gimp veiw......??????? cant i change that?

Two possibilities:

- You may not be able to do so, because the window is not mapped to the paint scheme

- The Window may appear as a transparent area on the paint scheme, or part of the "background" color.

edmoor said:

What Model is it and what window and we can give you a better answer on if you can change it

Download Gimp from here, it works fine. (version 2.6)

http://www.gimp.org/

Most of the other programs cost money.

Just search here for color scheme tutorials about gimp.

Hint: download gimp and go to the first post in this thread, do step 1 thru 6.

Last edited:
Fireworks

plane guy said:
i cant ge t gimp to work can you suggest a program besides gimp and acrobat thanks.

My absolute favorite picture editing software ever is Microsoft Fireworks. It is great for blending, and doing some really amazing digital picture editing. After a few days of using it I was able to do some really amazing effects with it. Unfortunately I don't have my own copy (I used the school computers with it) and it is a couple hundred dollars to buy a copy. If you are willing to spend a lot on this, then get Fireworks, if not, GIMP is really the next best thing that I have used.

Thanks!

Hey Guy's - Just wanted to thank you for the walk thru - very helpful! My wife says thanks for turning me into a CS junkie (with just a hint of sarcasm!). I tried searching for a thread detailing how to post completed CS's to the swap pages but can't seem to find anything, can anyone steer me in the right direction? I've done 9 Super Cub repaints, 4 Gliders, and I've just completed my 21st Sea Fury repaint (I really like the Hawker Sea Fury :) but now it takes 10 minutes just to decide which one to take up! Anyway looking forward to getting some of them posted and getting some feedback- Thank's again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back