How to design the physics of a Twin-boom aircraft?

cass3000

Hi everyone,

I 'm just a newbie in the RF world, but I want to build a custom model I have, I just make my model in 3D max and I export it to a .KEX file, but i need to design the physics in the Aircraft Editor inside RF7, but my model has a twin-boom design so I'm kinda lost to design those kind of things.

Anyone could put me in the right direction?

Thanks.

(attached some pictures of aircraft with twin-booms with a similar design to the what I need to do)

Attachments

• UAV1.jpg
    UAV1.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 11
  • UAV2.jpg
    UAV2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 9
This is really no different to the editor than a standard fuselage aircraft.

Check out the Bobcat/Kingcats in the sim and open one in the editor to see how it is done.

Make the two booms as symmetrical fuselages separate from the main fuselage as you would with main wings. Do not make anything children under them that has aerodynamics. Gear is fine.

Make the two booms as symmetrical fuselages separate from the main fuselage as you would with main wings. Do not make anything children under them that has aerodynamics. Gear is fine.

And how can I put the horizontal stabilizers in each boom?

For the physics use a prior model as a guide.

Check out the P-38 in the free add-ons pack #3.

Last edited:
I would make the H-stab/elevator and V-stabs/rudders as separate objects. As long as they are linked properly in Max then you should be good for collision properties.

Back