how to make the wheels not dig into a ground

Giant scale ...forgot to scale something ...mmm???

if it was as easy as just changing numbers willy n illy or.... just ignoring them altogether
it wouldn't be very real
would it?

weights are so far off gear type incorrect Im any combo when dimensions ,material strengths and weights are so far opposite each other
ground material and collision meshs.. not play nice nice ..some times bad in some field, worse in others.

and rightly so.. and not surprising ....
this is after all a training sim
if you ask me ...It should have problem when things are that unrealistic ( I know I know we can have mach 4 jets with rockets and paint ball no less

But somehow that tells me the sims doin aa good job when its reproducing a real problem ...that's accuracy nothing wrong with the sim ...

:confused: its almost like it reluctantly lies :rolleyes: to you to let you flya a fakie .. it wants to do a good j:)b ..........and you wont let it :mad:

personally I think they fly like a helium balloon on rails if the weights are way off... I wouldn't worry so msch about the tires sinking in at this point :rolleyes:
https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=17498
^^^^^^^^^this may help you ^^^^^.its a best seller ^^^written a long time ago but the information in it is still solid and valuable and will make your edit a lot further away than a balloon on rails anyway

Last edited:
Wheels that bounce

Most any time I select "scale springy retracts", I get some wild spaz with the plane jumping all over on the ground...sometimes if you blip the throttle and move a bit, it goes away but any time the plane appears (reset after crashing) its back to the spazz....

…It happens with older planes imported to RF7, and with RF7 planes that do not have them as "original equipment". I’ve tried adjusting gear/wheel stiffness and weights combos in VERY small increments from zero to 1000 to see if I could find any cause-effect relationship, but its pretty much a futile exercise...they either "take it" (scale spring retracts) or they dont

Back